Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
old and busted
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also posted in the Turner forum.

After riding over the weekend, my Float 130 started to puke oil enough that it ran down the back of the leg. Since it needs to be serviced, I figured there's no better time to send it off to PUSH. But ... based on what I've read in some threads and the limited ride time I've had with a friend's Revelation, I wondered if I should consider this as an option as well.

I'm on a '06 Spot. Trails around middle TN consist of rolling hills, roots, rocks ... no crazy drops. We've got some fast flowing downhills, but nothing extreme. I guess you could say we've got mild to aggressive trails.

Any thoughts, experiences, or opinions to sway me one way or the other? Thanks.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
shivers said:
Also posted in the Turner forum.

After riding over the weekend, my Float 130 started to puke oil enough that it ran down the back of the leg. Since it needs to be serviced, I figured there's no better time to send it off to PUSH. But ... based on what I've read in some threads and the limited ride time I've had with a friend's Revelation, I wondered if I should consider this as an option as well.

I'm on a '06 Spot. Trails around middle TN consist of rolling hills, roots, rocks ... no crazy drops. We've got some fast flowing downhills, but nothing extreme. I guess you could say we've got mild to aggressive trails.

Any thoughts, experiences, or opinions to sway me one way or the other? Thanks.
If you're happy with how your Float rides, changing the seals is not a big deal. You'll simply need to undo a few bolts, pull it apart, pull out the old seals, put in new ones, enduro seals are most highly recommended, put it back together, pour in fresh oil and voila! And you'll gain a lot of appreciation for what's going on inside. It will take you 2 hours, tops, to do that.

Unless, of course, you're looking for an excuse to send it to PUSH, in which case, do it. Revelation is a nicer fork but if you like the way your float rides, keep it.

_MK

·
old and busted
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, MK.

The ride of the Float has been fine ... not bad, not OMG this is the best fork ever. I ran it at 100mm on my Burner, so I've had it apart in the past to change the travel. No biggie there and I'd definitely do the Enduro seals.

I'm planning to send my RP23 out to PUSH, so the fork would go with to make it easier and get everything done at once. Some of the other Spot riders really like the Reve, so that seems like a good option too.

I guess I'm not sold 100% either way yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.