Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
S&G CREW
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sending my float r to pushed and wondering if i will notice much difference if i get the factory rebuild or spend a little more and get it factory tuned?Anyone ever get both at some point and notice a different ride quality between the too?

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Yes definitely. But you have to be brutally honest with them, and yourself, when requesting a custom tune. The basics like rider weight and bike make and model are easy. The tough part is riding style. It makes a huge difference if you race or not, the terrain you normally ride, the way you ride it i.e., how aggressive you ride, little, big or no jumps/drops, etc. The more information you can give them the better they can tune the shock to your needs. Also knowing what you like or dislike about your current shocks performance helps as well.

The bottom line is, if you like the way your shock performs now, then just go with the factory rebuild. If you want it to perform differently then go with the factory tune. If you go factory tune though be as exacting and precise in the information that you give them as possible. They'll do their best to get your what you are looking for. But they have to know what you are looking for first.

Good Dirt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts