Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking of buying a bullit and i want to know if the 5th that comes with it would be almost the same as a pushed vanilla rc, or if the pushed shock would blow it away. i also was wondering if the progressiveness of the 5th is vital to making the bullit work, or if it is fine with a linear shock like the rc. also, are there companies like push that do progressive shocks as well? any posts would be helpful. :confused:

·
Registered
462 Posts
push is nice, but

I don't think you should swap shocks, at least not right away. Ya, the bullit has that falling rate, and the progressive is, well, just that. They work together. Although, I have seen many s.p. designs that have falling rates using romics, vanillas, which are linear shocks. The push, though very nice for many sus. types, is still a linear stroke shock.

I don't have a 5th, but they are supposedly very tunable. I would stick with the 5th for a while, mess with it's tuning features, and see if I can find a good setting. Then if I didn't like it, I would slap one of those new fox dhx shocks on it. I guess it has a feature that you can increase its proggresivity (?) . -t

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
Push can work a Vanilla RC to work very well with a Bullit but the 2005 Fox DHX is going to be the hot ticket. Darren at Push was drooling over the DHX because they have so many options for tuning. I'm not sure on availability though. Check with Santa Cruz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts