Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some really cool news yesterday that I wanted to share. My bro has an 04 boXXer team that was PUSH'd that he had to sell, due to sponsorship obligations. Well after a couple of calls to RS & PUSH, it appears that the only compatability issue between older boXXers and the 05's is the cartridges are longer on the 05 and this is how they upped the travel. So another call to my bud and we work out an arrangement for me to take possession of his 04 PUSH'd team. Which basically means now I can take my bro's 04 PUSH'd carts and put them in my 05 boXXer, giving me the only (to my knowledge) 7" travel 05 PUSH'd boXXer. Badazz!!! So long 03 Monster T, you will be missed. :(

For all you boXXer fans, I highly recommend having your forks PUSH'd. It makes an unbelieveable difference in the damping. I can;t give specifics as to what they do, but it sure doesn't feel anything like stock boXXers that's fo' sho.

Anyhoo, just wanted to share, thanks for listening. Have a great day.

Oh and much thanks to my bro Evil for the awesome upgrade and to PUSH for all the help, you guys ROCK!! :D

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
shock, fork....lucky

Push does an outstanding job.....lucky you.....did you buy your brother a beer or two, or three, or 4 .....etc

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I thought Push Industries only worked with Fox products??? Guess I'm wrong since you obviously own a Push'd Boxxer. In the latest issue of decline they said the push in starting to sell titanium brake rotors that save approx. 100g per wheel and there's no need for special pads or anything.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
dandurston said:
I thought Push Industries only worked with Fox products??? Guess I'm wrong since you obviously own a Push'd Boxxer. In the latest issue of decline they said the push in starting to sell titanium brake rotors that save approx. 100g per wheel and there's no need for special pads or anything.
They usually don't. PUSH has done a few for friends and special teams.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
shock, fork....lucky

Push does an outstanding job.....lucky you.....did you buy your brother a beer or two, or three, or 4 .....etc
he has been compensated very well. But more than that, I'm just fortunate to have such a really great friend. All my friends are special and all 3 of them know who I'm talking about. ;) :D

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
TheSherpa said:
They usually don't. PUSH has done a few for friends and special teams.
Wouldn't those have to be custom jobs then? I mean its not like a Boxxer and any FOX stuff have the same internals. That would be quite the hook up -- a one off job like that.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
Wouldn't those have to be custom jobs then? I mean its not like a Boxxer and any FOX stuff have the same internals. That would be quite the hook up -- a one off job like that.
Push did Boxxers for a whole team in Orange County (name is left off intentially) .

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Push did Boxxers for a whole team in Orange County (name is left off intentially) .
So its not a one-off, but still that is a really limited run. No more than what, 20 forks, including all of the backups they worked on? Must have been paid pretty well.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
not to mention a few other choice peeps, which is where I got mine from.

It's gonna be a real head turner don't you think SMT??? :D

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
red5 said:
not to mention a few other choice peeps, which is where I got mine from.

It's gonna be a real head turner don't you think SMT??? :D
Psh, i'll be first to tell you Honda are not lookers.

Honda-Turner members have been selling there bikes on RM/classifieds/ebay with PUSHed Boxxers and it's no big secret.

·
Uhhhhh...
2,894 Posts
Salami said:
Any one can get a Boxxer Push'ed. I spoke to them two weeks ago about having my 05 Boxxer done. No problem I was told.
Hmm, i heard they were going to start doing them, but i didn't know that was know. Thats awesome.

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Salami said:
Any one can get a Boxxer Push'ed. I spoke to them two weeks ago about having my 05 Boxxer done. No problem I was told.
Yeah that was pretty much my understanding after talking to them a couple months back. Everything was a go.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I sent an email asking this very question

"I've heard through some internet gravevines that you guys do some work on Boxxer forks. Is it something that's available to the general public or something else? I had my Fox RC built with the race upgrade this year and it's incredible. Thanks, Dave"

The reply:

Dave, Depending on the model and year fork we do some upgrade tuning. The cost is $175.<?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>
Jimmy<o:p></o:p>

Jimmy <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:personName w:st="on">Don</st1:personName>ahugh
Push Industries, Inc..

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
davet said:
I sent an email asking this very question

"I've heard through some internet gravevines that you guys do some work on Boxxer forks. Is it something that's available to the general public or something else? I had my Fox RC built with the race upgrade this year and it's incredible. Thanks, Dave"

Dave, Depending on the model and year fork we do some upgrade tuning. The cost is $175.
Jimmy

Jimmy Donahugh
PUSH Industries. Inc
It's definitely worth it in my book. Definitely doesn't feel like any boXXer Iv'e ever felt before.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.