Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The Fastest of Bananas
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scheduled a service and retune for my rear shock a month ago.

I sent it in a week before the appointment, and 5 days after the appointment, the shock still hasn't been done.

I find it ridiculous that you need to make an appointment 3 weeks out, and then it doesn't matter when your appointment is anyways. For a $200 dollar service and tune that will likely only take 1 hour to do, it grinds my gears that they don't meet timelines. At least send me an email if you are going to be late.

So now I don't have my bike for a big ride that I was planning on doing. Just saying, it better be perfect if they want my business ever again. Maybe my expectations are too high?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Exactly the opposite of my experience. Over the years I've sent multiple shocks and forks in and never had an issue. The last time, about 1 month ago, the tech went out of his way to call me to make sure he was getting the tune right.

Did you call them to give them a chance to explain before bashing them on-line?

·
The Fastest of Bananas
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They sent me an email saying it was received they day after I mailed it, two weeks ago,

Ill call monday, I would have called this week, but I am generally too busy with work to take care or personal crap. meh.

·
Too Much Fun
2,320 Posts
I sent it in a week before the appointment, and 5 days after the appointment, the shock still hasn't been done.
Go back and look at the PUSH site. It clearly states that they schedule by the week-of, meaning the work is done that week, not that specific hour ;) and day of appointment. Nowhere do they state a specific turnaround or ship-by time.

I've had them work on a lot of parts and sometimes the turnaround is 1-2 days, others it's been 4-5 business days.

Regardless, if you've got time to post online, you've got time to call or email them. :)

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
That is too bad to hear but Push does good work and I bet you will be happy. Personally, I also take this as a good sign, they must be busy!

·
The Fastest of Bananas
1,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I got the shock today and went for a ride. Its pretty good, I wish it had more midstroke support but overall its very good. I do still need to dial it in though.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I sent mine in about a month ago and it was done on the appointment day.

Even though shocks are so expensive, I have two for my main ride. One is always fully serviced and ready to go into duty and about every year I will send in(Push) the one off the bike and replace it with the fresh one that's been awaiting duty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.