Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my new rockers and shock from Push last week, and cannot believe the difference they've made with my bike. I've been sick so I had not had the chance to test em out until yesterday. I took a spin over to National and Javelina trails on So. Mountian, and was amazed at my new found ability to climb up stuff I've never been able to get up before. Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought.:eek: Also the shock feels extremely plush, yet the o-ring shows I still had a third of travel to use. The bike no longer wanders around with the pike on the front, and the front end actually goes wherever I point it! The rockers seem to make the back end feel a bit stiffer in the turns as well, not that it was real sloppy before. The Spot also feels much faster now, as if it is getting more power in the forward direction. Now I just need to get the DHX-A and rockers up on Ebay.
Even though they weren't cheap, Push saved me a bundle, as I was thinking I was going to pick up a new rfx for this season. This worked out for the better, as I don't think I would've pushed the rfx anywhere near what it was made for. My local trails can be pretty rugged and the extra BB clearance is awesome. If any of you are on the fence as to whether or not to get the rockers, do it!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Homebrew said:
What fork are your using? Anyone using the PUSH rockers with 130mm?
I've been running a Pike Dual Air for a while now. I'm not sure if the 130 would feel twitchy. It doesn't sound like much, but 140 made my stock spot wonder around a bit on technical climbs, so the opposite might hold true.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad to see the positive reviews

I have a set of rockers on order and I just sent in my RP3 to get re-PUSHED. I have an '05 Spot with 5.3 rockers and TALAS 130. The 130 is a pain in the ass to dial down on the climbs...14 clicks. I plan to install a TALAS 140 so 3 click dialing down for climbs will be much better.

I'm glad to see the positive reviews of the PUSH rockers, but I'm still a bit anxious about making the mods...just because I don't want to screw up the sweet ride. Glad to see that you think climbing has improved.

I asked PUSH to remove the aluminum eyelet mount reducer because I didn't have a bolt extractor...while they were at it, they also installed the upper mounting pin for me. They were nice enough to call me to double check....really excellent service.

I also asked if these were the last batch of the rockers, as I've read on this forum that they were not going to carry them any longer, and they told me that was not the case, and they intended to continue to offer them.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
can someone get the i to i dimensions of them, or put them in front of standard 5.3 and 5.5 rockers and post a pic on the rockers thread under the best of/faq section?
If no one else posts the PUSH rocker info by the time I get mine I'll do it. With any luck they'll be here today.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Here ya go

Jerk_Chicken said:
can someone get the i to i dimensions of them, or put them in front of standard 5.3 and 5.5 rockers and post a pic on the rockers thread under the best of/faq section?
I posted this right after I got them, but re-posting was easier than finding the old post:D

Those are 5.3 rockers

Attachments

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
Gotta agree

kendogg said:
I received my new rockers and shock from Push last week, and cannot believe the difference they've made with my bike. I've been sick so I had not had the chance to test em out until yesterday. I took a spin over to National and Javelina trails on So. Mountian, and was amazed at my new found ability to climb up stuff I've never been able to get up before. Maybe I don't suck as bad as I thought.:eek: Also the shock feels extremely plush, yet the o-ring shows I still had a third of travel to use. The bike no longer wanders around with the pike on the front, and the front end actually goes wherever I point it! The rockers seem to make the back end feel a bit stiffer in the turns as well, not that it was real sloppy before. The Spot also feels much faster now, as if it is getting more power in the forward direction. Now I just need to get the DHX-A and rockers up on Ebay.
Even though they weren't cheap, Push saved me a bundle, as I was thinking I was going to pick up a new rfx for this season. This worked out for the better, as I don't think I would've pushed the rfx anywhere near what it was made for. My local trails can be pretty rugged and the extra BB clearance is awesome. If any of you are on the fence as to whether or not to get the rockers, do it!:thumbsup:
I put mine on and have been having some fun. The bike is so much more plush and balanced now with the Pike up front. The only thing that bugs me is the bike looks like a Moment when I look down at it when I'm climbing :).

Jaybo

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
shock eye size

A little off topic but maybe you guys can help.

I just received my PUSH rockers and I was going to run an AVY shock with them. Small problem....the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.

Do you guys have any suggestions???

I put the rockers on last night with the RP3, and will see how the bike feels on todays ride. Looking forward to trying them out, but I really wanted to try them with the AVY.

Thanks,
TG

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
G-AIR said:
Small problem....the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.

Do you guys have any suggestions???
Yes, ask Craig to make you reducers that will fit the Push Rockers or ask Darren if he can make one for you.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
The eye bolt assembly is designed for fox as you have found, you need to talk to Avy as to a fix I'm afraid, try the thing with the Fox I think you will be impressed, I was but it was a Pushed RP3.
Will new bushes fit?
Sounds like you need to get the verner calipers out, sorry.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
G-AIR said:
the eye size on the AVY is different thhan on the FOX shocks. The mounting pin that comes with the rockers is made for the FOX shocks. The pin will not slide through the AVY's eye.
I couldn't get the pin on the RP3 w/o a bench vice. It should be a snug fit. But I don't know anything about the Avy. Did the pin slide in by hand on your RP3? It shouldn't.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Pedalhead said:
Larry sent my PUSH rockers & PUSH'd RP23 a couple of days ago. Should be with me next week (international). Did anyone have any issues fitting them?
Keep the seat post pivot bolts slack until the shock is installed and use plenty of thread lock on the shock bolts.
The seals would be better as O rings, imho.

Fine peace of engineering, enjoy :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
more info

Clyde S Dale said:
I couldn't get the pin on the RP3 w/o a bench vice. It should be a snug fit. But I don't know anything about the Avy. Did the pin slide in by hand on your RP3? It shouldn't.
Clyde,
The pin is snug but I slid it through the eye by hand with little difficulty. Is that a bad thing that it slid in by hand? The AVY is way off and I will need to talk to PUSH or Craig at AVY I guess.

PROF,
I am using an older PUSH RP3 right now. For those of you with this set up, is it worth getting it revalved again for the new rockers? What are verner calipers? I was pretty impressed with the PUSH RP3, but I am still wanting to try the AVY!!!!

My first ride with the rockers was today (OC - Cholla, Lynx, 5 Oaks). I was impressed. They felt great. Not surprising, the bike felt right inbetween the spot and my old 6pack on the way down. I could definitley feel an improvement in plushness and control over the 5.3" rockers. I did not feel any negatives on the climbs.

Thanks for all the info.
TG

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.