Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 xs racer-x. My original rear shock (RP3?) is starting to leak air like crazy.

I've always found I've had a lot of bob, especially when out of the saddle - maybe it's just me, but I do race xc and want to be as efficient as possible.

Should I get my '04 shock repaired and PUSHed or should I get a new RP23?

Advice is appreciated.

·
rack admirer
665 Posts
Push

I have a 2000 Fox Float R on my 2005 RX 100. I had Push do the platform treatment in 04 or 05 for $153 based on my riding specs. I never even think about it. Recommended maintenance is more frequent than this, but I have so many more things that break or wear out and this shock is so dependable. The '00 Float came on a "00 Loco Moto.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I went to the RP23. But in my opinion, a Push'd RP3 is as good or would be as good. Seeing as though I got the RP23 in the US of A so got it Push'd, not sure it needed it...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
My PUSH RP3 is awesome. I an a gear junkie but can't seem to justify the RP23 cause I know I would have to pay for it to be PUSHed as soon as I got it too. THe new setting controls of the 23 are nice with the potential to be rebuilt at PUSH but I'd say since you have an RP3 stick with it.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Asahi said:
My PUSH RP3 is awesome. I an a gear junkie but can't seem to justify the RP23 cause I know I would have to pay for it to be PUSHed as soon as I got it too. THe new setting controls of the 23 are nice with the potential to be rebuilt at PUSH but I'd say since you have an RP3 stick with it.
I went from PUSHed RP3 to stock RP23. the RP23 is as good or better. the better part is the wider propedal range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.