Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
My DW kit shipped today and Invoice has 2 TNT/HL bushings as part of the kit? is this the case? here is what the invoice says..

2 Pivot Bushing: Turner HL/TNT 2000-2008.
4 Pivot Bushing: Turner DW Link: Upper Stay
4 Pivot Bushing: Turner DW Link: Lower
PivotPivot Bushing Kit: Turner DW-Link 2009-2013

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
My DW kit shipped today and Invoice has 2 TNT/HL bushings as part of the kit? is this the case? here is what the invoice says..

2 Pivot Bushing: Turner HL/TNT 2000-2008.
4 Pivot Bushing: Turner DW Link: Upper Stay
4 Pivot Bushing: Turner DW Link: Lower
PivotPivot Bushing Kit: Turner DW-Link 2009-2013
Yes the HL/TNT and DW bikes share the same main pivot bushings at the Rocker/Seat Tube pivot. I'm not sure why your invoice didn't reflect the updated description for the first two components. Regardless....you've got what you need on the way! :thumbsup:

Darren

·
Registered
173 Posts
Thanks, and by the way my monarch RC3 I got from you for my 2012 spot is killing it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! endless travel back there. waiting for your 34 float kits?

·
Grand Master Jedi
302 Posts
Darren,

Could you share the dimensions for the flange OD and thickness on these bushings?

I want to replace the standard rubber 'seals' with some proper quad-seal rings and I am just wondering what size to order.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Do you have a link to some info about the PTX material you use?
The only info we have is what we supply the vendor in regards to what we're looking for. They then supply the material that meets the requirement.

Darren,

Could you share the dimensions for the flange OD and thickness on these bushings?

I want to replace the standard rubber 'seals' with some proper quad-seal rings and I am just wondering what size to order.

Any thoughts?
0.860"(21.8mm) for Standard, and 0.925"(23.5mm) for lower DW link. Both approx. 0.05"(1.27mm) wide.

To bad we don't have these quite finished.....Would make a great combo to the frame pivot kits!

Attachments

·
Registered
195 Posts
Darren,

What's the torque specs required when installing PTX bushing? I remember 100 in/lb from previous installation manual. That's low compared to 27 ft/lb Turner use. I remember I mushroomed the shaft when I used 27 ft/lb. I'm speaking for TNT spot.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Instructions

What's the torque specs required when installing PTX bushing? I remember 100 in/lb from previous installation manual. That's low compared to 27 ft/lb Turner use. I remember I mushroomed the shaft when I used 27 ft/lb. I'm speaking for TNT spot.
Yeah, not sure how the instructions disappeared from the support tab of the site, but I reloaded them. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/media/Turner Pivot Bushing Install Guide.pdf

As for the DW bikes, here's a link to the recommended spec's from Turner:

Turner Bikes - Basic Maintenance

Darren

·
Registered
55 Posts
Measurement of DW Bushings

Hi,

Can somebody please provide the measurements of the DW Link bushings please? I am looking to source some from Igus as doing a cheap rebuild and looking for a cheaper alternative.

The required measurements are:

Shaft diameter d1
Bearing width b1
Flange thickness b2
Outer diameter d2
Flange diameter d3

Schematic of bushing: https://www.igus.co.uk/r05/staticContent/iProWeb/daten/img/iglidur_j_FormF_Querschnitt_Zeich.gif

Link to Bushing Page on Igus: igus® Plain Bearing: iglidur® J

Thanks Neil

Attachments

·
Registered
9,123 Posts
Good luck with that

Hi,

Can somebody please provide the measurements of the DW Link bushings please? I am looking to source some from Igus as doing a cheap rebuild and looking for a cheaper alternative.

The required measurements are:

Shaft diameter d1
Bearing width b1
Flange thickness b2
Outer diameter d2
Flange diameter d3

Schematic of bushing: https://www.igus.co.uk/r05/staticContent/iProWeb/daten/img/iglidur_j_FormF_Querschnitt_Zeich.gif

Link to Bushing Page on Igus: igus® Plain Bearing: iglidur® J

Thanks Neil
Measure your own stock bushings and go from there.

·
Registered
179 Posts
anybody fitted and ridden them yet, just ordered some from TFTune over her in the UK :thumbsup: but curious as to how people are finding them

Ta

Dave

·
Registered
383 Posts
anybody fitted and ridden them yet, just ordered some from TFTune over her in the UK :thumbsup: but curious as to how people are finding them

Ta

Da
ve
Installed DW bushings weeks ago. Had an issue installing the main pivot bushings and ended up re-installing the Turner bushings at the main pivot and now I have a little stiction, but installed the Push bushings on the rest of the bike. Only a couple of rides since so still breaking them in. Darren was cool to send me another set of main pivot bushings since I ruined them trying to install. It's a real tight fit, and I think I need to sand down the pivot shaft on the next attempt. I'll update after more ride time and once I get the main pivot bushings installed.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Installed DW bushings weeks ago. Had an issue installing the main pivot bushings and ended up re-installing the Turner bushings at the main pivot and now I have a little stiction, but installed the Push bushings on the rest of the bike. Only a couple of rides since so still breaking them in. Darren was cool to send me another set of main pivot bushings since I ruined them trying to install. It's a real tight fit, and I think I need to sand down the pivot shaft on the next attempt. I'll update after more ride time and once I get the main pivot bushings installed.
rhyno, there should be no modifications necessary. You definitely don't want to sand down the hardcoat on the pivot pin. We've got hundreds of these installed without issue.

Darren

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for that. It confirms how I thought it all went apart/together.
Have to fit mine when I get back from NZ and have time to ride and break them in.

Cheers
Barry

Yeah, not sure how the instructions disappeared from the support tab of the site, but I reloaded them. Anyway, here's the link:

http://www.pushindustries.com/2009/media/Turner Pivot Bushing Install Guide.pdf

As for the DW bikes, here's a link to the recommended spec's from Turner:

Turner Bikes - Basic Maintenance

Darren

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
rhyno, there should be no modifications necessary. You definitely don't want to sand down the hardcoat on the pivot pin. We've got hundreds of these installed without issue.

Darren
My main pivot bushings were definitely tighter than the other pivots with respect to fitting the pivot shaft. I small amount of bushing material was "shaved" off when pressing the shaft in.

·
Registered
383 Posts
61 - 80 of 110 Posts