Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the HC97 on my lyrik and it went well. However if I turn the rebound knob MORE than 7 turns "out" (thats fully closed clockwise and then 8 turns out counter clockwise) there is a major top out THUNK.

Im A heavier rider so I did the RP3 Rebound shim stack configuration.

Is this normal?

I havnt ridden it yet and I cant really imagine I would need more turns out from 7 ( that is the PUSH recommendation). However more than that and I get the loud THUNK or top out

Any one else notice this?

thx

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just installed the HC97 on my lyrik and it went well. However if I turn the rebound knob MORE than 7 turns "out" (thats fully closed clockwise and then 8 turns out counter clockwise) there is a major top out THUNK.

Im A heavier rider so I did the RP3 Rebound shim stack configuration.

Is this normal?

I havnt ridden it yet and I cant really imagine I would need more turns out from 7 ( that is the PUSH recommendation). However more than that and I get the loud THUNK or top out

Any one else notice this?

thx
Doesn't sound right at all. The dampers in the Lyriks (or any other as far as I'm aware) always have more stroke than the spring, meaning the damper even at fork full extension is still compressed somewhat. So if your having a harsh toooit then I'm thinking something got goofed in the spring side. Are you on debonair or acs3?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.