Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
looks like i got mine done just in time =)

kind of off topic...i was disappointed to find my shock didnt come with PUSH stickers. boo. i pay top dollar so people know what i spent my money on! =) j/k

cant wait to test out the new tune.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Isotuned will ship to Mexico, Tacu.

I got some NIIICE reducers from Drake for my Nico. I didn't have to use them as the frame came with mounting kit, but service and price were very good.

The reducers are really nice too and they were a custom size. Dead on as requested, according to my caliper.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Warp, I don't want to send the Roco to PUSH. I am gonna rebuild it and tinker with the shim configurations next week.

Oh, and I'm gonna buy an Elka... I was just wondering why PUSH no longer does the Roco.

And the reducers... well....I can machine them at school ha!

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tacubaya said:
Warp, I don't want to send the Roco to PUSH. I am gonna rebuild it and tinker with the shim configurations next week.

Oh, and I'm gonna buy an Elka... I was just wondering why PUSH no longer does the Roco.

And the reducers... well....I can machine them at school ha!
Congrats on the Elka!!

What size is your Roco? 8.5 X 2.5 I suppose?

You should have told me before about machining the reducers... moron.
BTW... I'll send you a sketch for a piece I want for my Roco Air once you have access to a lathe.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Warp said:
Isotuned will ship to Mexico, Tacu.

I got some NIIICE reducers from Drake for my Nico. I didn't have to use them as the frame came with mounting kit, but service and price were very good.

The reducers are really nice too and they were a custom size. Dead on as requested, according to my caliper.
Thanks man, I was gonna email you to whether or not you gotem, cool.

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Warp said:
Congrats on the Elka!!

What size is your Roco? 8.5 X 2.5 I suppose?

You should have told me before about machining the reducers... moron.
BTW... I'll send you a sketch for a piece I want for my Roco Air once you have access to a lathe.
Yeah, first I'm gonna play with the Roco's internals and fresh oil, then order the Elka (maybe at the end of the month or so). Yeah, its a 8.5x2.5 shock.

Haha dude, you know i'm studying in university now, I've had access to CNC and manual machining equipment since day 1 haha! :D :D ;)

Send me the sketch, I'll play with it during this semester's "Dibujo computarizado" class.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Did anyone find out what is going on?
A couple of things. First, anyone who has had a ROCO serviced/tuned by us will still be able to get service in the future. We have an excessive supply of PUSH parts to go into the shocks. In fact, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of the PUSH pistons, shims, glyde rings, seals, etc at this point.

The ROCO kits were very successful. The reason behind the decision was simply lack of supply of spare parts. Marzocchi USA doesn't stock much in the way of small parts for the ROCO so we started importing them from Europe. The lead time, cost, and sometimes lack of availability even from Europe began to become a problem so we had no choice but to call it a day. With the volume of shocks that we see there's bound to be a damaged shaft, body, eyelet, etc so a steady availability and inventory of parts is necessary. This is simply something we weren't able to work out.

Darren

·
Fixin' shocks Day & Night
270 Posts
I am willing to bet PUSH has the same problems we have been having. Marzocchi has never been known for its stellar customer service and support. I am NOT slamming Marzocchi so before I get a bunch of nasty emails, I am just stating our experience with them. While they build some phenomenal Suspension systems, they have always had fairly lackadaisical customer service and dealer support. Lately it has become almost non-existent. I can call and will not receive a return phone call for a day or two then, only to be told they are all out of the part I need and it will be a couple of weeks before it is in.

It is very hard to stick to a time-line when you cannot rely on the manufacturer to have the parts needed to complete the repair. It also makes the customer unhappy when you call them and instead of telling them the fork or shock is ready and will ship out in the morning, you are telling them parts were needed, some parts that had to be ordered and it will take a couple of weeks. Most folks don't want to be off the bike for a couple of weeks unless they are injured and the Dr. tells them to stay away from riding. So then the suspension repair center is in an awkward position, The manufacturer doesn't have to hear the complaints, the repair center does. The customer doesn't go to Marzocchi when it took too long to repair and they want a discount. They( the customer ) call the repair center. The customer will also tell others that they were not pleased with the time, they may have been very pleased with the work done, just not the time frame involved. And in the end it makes the service center look bad. It really stinks. I hope that these types of situations will be resolved in the future. Marzocchi builds some real nice stuff!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
PUSHIND said:
A couple of things. First, anyone who has had a ROCO serviced/tuned by us will still be able to get service in the future. We have an excessive supply of PUSH parts to go into the shocks. In fact, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all of the PUSH pistons, shims, glyde rings, seals, etc at this point.

The ROCO kits were very successful. The reason behind the decision was simply lack of supply of spare parts. Marzocchi USA doesn't stock much in the way of small parts for the ROCO so we started importing them from Europe. The lead time, cost, and sometimes lack of availability even from Europe began to become a problem so we had no choice but to call it a day. With the volume of shocks that we see there's bound to be a damaged shaft, body, eyelet, etc so a steady availability and inventory of parts is necessary. This is simply something we weren't able to work out.

Darren
All I know is your race tune made a HUGE difference on my Roco.

Im curious as to why you didnt put the Push stickers on my Roco and a few other locals(that I sent to you) when you rebuilt their Rocos? Not a big deal but why?

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
PUSHIND said:

Darren
What if we were able to get the parts from Zoke? Would you perform the service?

On the business of Zoke. Whats really going on there?

I think RS has thrown the first shovel of dirt:eek: Lots of Zoke fans running Totems and the like. All they really have it their 66 and the 888:confused: .

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
Mtn. Biker123 said:
What if we were able to get the parts from Zoke? Would you perform the service?

On the business of Zoke. Whats really going on there? .
What do you mean "what's really going on there?" Both Darren and two6labs explained it. Marzocchi doesn't have their sheit together. If you reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaally want the inside dirt, why don't you use your influence as an important mtb insider, and your many connections within the community, to get inside marzocchi italy and get the real inside dirt. It's probably a conspiracy, like everything else you don't understand.
And why do you are wether or not Push would do the service if you could get parts? You don't own a roco.
You are one phucking moron of a tool Bryan.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.