Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
old and busted
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After riding over the weekend, my Float 130 started to puke oil enough that it ran down the back of the leg. Since it needs to be serviced, I figured there's no better time to send it off to PUSH. But ... based on what I've read in some threads and the limited ride time I've had with a friend's Revelation, I wondered if I should consider this as an option as well.

I'm on a '06 Spot. Trails around middle TN consist of rolling hills, roots, rocks ... no crazy drops. We've got some fast flowing downhills, but nothing extreme. I guess you could say we've got mild to aggressive trails.

Any thoughts, experiences, or opinions to sway me one way or the other? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Well not sure what your budget is. If you want to fix your float I think PUSH uses the good Rock Shox seals or you can get some from Enduroforkseals.com.

I had a float on my Spot but not pushed and didn't like it. I sold it and got a revelation and to me it feels way better, just better quality damping feel. Me if you can, I'd go for the Rev then, but you don't need the bar mounted pop lock, save money on that.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
Sell the Float, get a Revelation then have it Push'd when it comes time to service it.

just my 2 centimos

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I've got the Revelation on my Burner and it's a great fork but why would you want a 100-130mm adj fork for the Spot? The Spot climbs/rides nice at 130mm so why not get a 130-150mm fork to have the extra travel for the descents?? Just curious.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
rroeder said:
I've got the Revelation on my Burner and it's a great fork but why would you want a 100-130mm adj fork for the Spot? The Spot climbs/rides nice at 130mm so why not get a 130-150mm fork to have the extra travel for the descents?? Just curious.
I have a revelation on the Spot and love it - most 130-150mm forks need a 20mm thru axle -maybe he doesn't want to buy a new front wheel. Also, unless regularly doing 4 footers or more a Revelation is enough fork for a Spot IMO.

·
old and busted
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wilks said:
I have a revelation on the Spot and love it - most 130-150mm forks need a 20mm thru axle -maybe he doesn't want to buy a new front wheel. Also, unless regularly doing 4 footers or more a Revelation is enough fork for a Spot IMO.
Yeah, the 20mm is way overkill for the trails around here. I'd love to have a Pike, but there's just too much I'd need to swap around to get it done. And again, too much fork for what I need.

Thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Had exactly the same question a few weeks ago - 'Push' my 125RLC or splash out on the revelation?. Went for the revelation (coil) and the difference is amazing, a much stiffer and plusher ride than my fox. If you have the cash get the revelation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.