Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,644 Posts
So how was it?

SkullCrack,
How is the new rear shock? It looks killer with the Ti spring. How are you liking the VPX? How does it climb compared to the Highline you demoed?

I am looking for a 7" travel bike and the VPX is on the short list with the Highline w/ the shorter shock that gives it 7.25 inches instead of 8".

Thanks for any help.
TG
 

·
on a routine expedition
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi TG,

I'm liking the Push'd DHX a lot. I rode it yesterday and the improvement over the stock DHX was definitely noticeable.

I'm lovin' the VPX. I ride it every chance I get. I don't think I can give an accurate comparison between the Highline and the VPX climbing qualities, since there were about 4 months between riding the two bikes. I can say that even though it is heavier than my RFX/Pack, it climbs just as well and I don't notice the extra weight unless I'm on a long fireroad grind. I think the VPX is even a little better than the Pack on rocky/choppy climbing sections.

G-AIR said:
SkullCrack,
How is the new rear shock? It looks killer with the Ti spring. How are you liking the VPX? How does it climb compared to the Highline you demoed?

I am looking for a 7" travel bike and the VPX is on the short list with the Highline w/ the shorter shock that gives it 7.25 inches instead of 8".

Thanks for any help.
TG
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Mono6ti said:
Hi SkullCrack

Is it a factory rebuild or factory tuning system adds? The bottom out contol dail seems to be removed?
Mono6ti, check the link that SkullCrack posted just below his post with the photo, all will be answered...............:thumbsup:
 

·
on a routine expedition
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Mono6ti said:
Hi SkullCrack

Is it factory rebuild with factory tunning adds. It seems to be the bottom out control dial wheel was gone. Thanks.
It's the Factory Race System. These mods remove the boost valve, bottom out dial, and ProPedal. The Factory Rebuild leaves the Boost valve and BO in place. Check out the PUSH website for more details on what each service entails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
SkullCrack said:
Hi TG,

I'm liking the Push'd DHX a lot. I rode it yesterday and the improvement over the stock DHX was definitely noticeable.

I'm lovin' the VPX. I ride it every chance I get. I don't think I can give an accurate comparison between the Highline and the VPX climbing qualities, since there were about 4 months between riding the two bikes. I can say that even though it is heavier than my RFX/Pack, it climbs just as well and I don't notice the extra weight unless I'm on a long fireroad grind. I think the VPX is even a little better than the Pack on rocky/choppy climbing sections.
Could you describe the improvement over the stock? Do you miss BO or BV adjusments? I'm seriously considering to get mine pushed but my Highline is so good with stock DHX I can't imagine how much better it could be.
 

·
on a routine expedition
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IntenTurner said:
Could you describe the improvement over the stock? Do you miss BO or BV adjusments? I'm seriously considering to get mine pushed but my Highline is so good with stock DHX I can't imagine how much better it could be.
The shock now feels much more "controlled" than stock. It's a little firmer on the small stuff when going slow, but at speed and on the bigger hits it really opens up and keeps the rear wheel on the ground. No spiking or unpredictability.

I don't miss the BO or BV at all. They were "set and forget" for me. Once I found a setting I liked I just left the shock alone. I'd rather ride than fiddle with knobs. Push does offer a service for the DHX that leaves the BO and BV intact if those adjustments are important to you.

I was happy with my DHX stock as well. It's an excellent shock. I went with the Push mods as I had used them before on the air shock on my XC bike and was very pleased with the results, so I was interested to see what they could do for the DHX. I'm glad I did as I feel the performance improvement is significant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
363 Posts
SkullCrack said:
The shock now feels much more "controlled" than stock. It's a little firmer on the small stuff when going slow, but at speed and on the bigger hits it really opens up and keeps the rear wheel on the ground. No spiking or unpredictability.

I don't miss the BO or BV at all. They were "set and forget" for me. Once I found a setting I liked I just left the shock alone. I'd rather ride than fiddle with knobs. Push does offer a service for the DHX that leaves the BO and BV intact if those adjustments are important to you.

I was happy with my DHX stock as well. It's an excellent shock. I went with the Push mods as I had used them before on the air shock on my XC bike and was very pleased with the results, so I was interested to see what they could do for the DHX. I'm glad I did as I feel the performance improvement is significant.
And did you notice any improvement changing steel for Ti besides weight and bling factor?
 

·
on a routine expedition
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
peachy-B said:
so are u basically saying that it's not plush on slow sections... technical rooty sections maybe?
It seems to me it doesn't wallow as much, the travel feels more controlled. I don't think I'd say it wasn't plush. The overall feeling I get is that I have more control of the bike and I can tell what the back end is doing better than with the stock DHX in both high and low speed situations.

IntenTurner said:
And did you notice any improvement changing steel for Ti besides weight and bling factor?
None. The weight savings is minimal as well. About 4.6 oz for the 400lb spring.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top