Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to report the bad experience I have had with Push Industries recently.
The goal of the post is not to say that Push maintenance job is not good, reading the different posts, it seems to be excellent. But the way they handle customers can just be horrible.

First of all, why did I contact Push ?
I'm coming from Europe and have had recently an issue with a FOX Triad 7.5"x1.75".
Reading some spots, I decided not doing some maintenance on this shock and to get a brand new RP23 that I wanted to reduce from 2.0" to 1.75". I couldn't find anyone doing this in EUrope...

PUSH industries mentions that they do not deliver services to customers outside of the US. But I know as well that most of the companies delivers services as long as shipment address is in the US. This is usually how it works.

Just to be 100% sure, I contacted PUSH which first told me that they do not offer service for customers outside of the US, but then, when I mentionned to them the shipment address would be in the US, they started to provide to me some prices for brand new monarch shock, then the price to reduce the stroke of a RP23 : 25$.

I was thinking "coool, they offer to me the service ;-)".
Straight, I ordered the shock from a pro. vendor on ebay with shipment address : PUSH.
Then went straight to PUSH web site to order the 25$ service.

Then, the nightmare began...
The ebay seller sent to me a confirmation email of the sent of the shock. Then, I received in same time an email from a different PUSH person that they do not deliver the service for non NA customers...

One day they do, one day they don't...

I explained that shock was already on its way and that the service has had bee naccepted by another person in their company. My new push contact was very comprehensive and finally accepted to deliver the service. She sent to me a new invoice since I have had to pay via paypal with extra fee...

New surprise : the cost of the service passed from 25$ to 109$ + 25$ !

I agreed on extra fee for paypal and asked for justification on the 109$.
My contact got upset probably thinking I was challenging the price. She sent an email mentionning that they will refuse the shock at my own cost... very cool, very professionnal. I have to pay the lack of communication within the PUSH company....

Digging into forums, I saw that the real price was 109$+25$.
I kept my calm and sent an email summarizing the situation where I accepted the 109$ extra, where Imentionned I was ready to pay the whole thing

No answer. Again very professional.

I decided then to contact PUSH by phone since misunderstanding can be solve better this way.

I got on the phone my first PUSH contact which was very comprehensive and mentionned to me that they won't return the shock...

Guess what... the shock has been returned the day after.

I send then an email to tell the guy how unprofessional / unfair / untrustable they were on this one.
I got a silly marketing email mentionning that they deliver top service and that their employees were as well top...

So be carefull when requesting any service from those guys, you might have surprises.

PS : If anyone of you knows anothe company offering a stroke reduction service, I'm interested ! Thxs ;-)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you call a great customer service a service which tells you 3 times "I will deliver to you the service" and finally don't do anything and make you pay their mistake, we definitely do not have the same way to interpret what is a great customer service.

I call that a poor, unprofessional and unfair service.

If you can't deliver a service, everyone in your company should be aware of it.
If you make a mistake, you don't ask the customer to pay for it.

·
The Bubble Wrap Hysteria
3,807 Posts
yeti115 said:
If you call a great customer service a service which tells you 3 times "I will deliver to you the service" and finally don't do anything and make you pay their mistake, we definitely do not have the same way to interpret what is a great customer service.

I call that a poor, unprofessional and unfair service.

If you can't deliver a service, everyone in your company should be aware of it.
If you make a mistake, you don't ask the customer to pay for it.
That's your opinion and you may have a valid complaint. My guess is the person who answered the phone had no right to agree to your deal and when Push Management caught wind the deal was DOA.

·
Registered
424 Posts
yeti115 said:
I just wanted to report the bad experience I have had with Push Industries recently.
The goal of the post is not to say that Push maintenance job is not good, reading the different posts, it seems to be excellent. But the way they handle customers can just be horrible.

First of all, why did I contact Push ?
I'm coming from Europe and have had recently an issue with a FOX Triad 7.5"x1.75".
Reading some spots, I decided not doing some maintenance on this shock and to get a brand new RP23 that I wanted to reduce from 2.0" to 1.75". I couldn't find anyone doing this in EUrope...

PUSH industries mentions that they do not deliver services to customers outside of the US. But I know as well that most of the companies delivers services as long as shipment address is in the US. This is usually how it works.

Just to be 100% sure, I contacted PUSH which first told me that they do not offer service for customers outside of the US, but then, when I mentionned to them the shipment address would be in the US, they started to provide to me some prices for brand new monarch shock, then the price to reduce the stroke of a RP23 : 25$.

I was thinking "coool, they offer to me the service ;-)".
Straight, I ordered the shock from a pro. vendor on ebay with shipment address : PUSH.
Then went straight to PUSH web site to order the 25$ service.

Then, the nightmare began...
The ebay seller sent to me a confirmation email of the sent of the shock. Then, I received in same time an email from a different PUSH person that they do not deliver the service for non NA customers...

One day they do, one day they don't...

I explained that shock was already on its way and that the service has had bee naccepted by another person in their company. My new push contact was very comprehensive and finally accepted to deliver the service. She sent to me a new invoice since I have had to pay via paypal with extra fee...

New surprise : the cost of the service passed from 25$ to 109$ + 25$ !

I agreed on extra fee for paypal and asked for justification on the 109$.
My contact got upset probably thinking I was challenging the price. She sent an email mentionning that they will refuse the shock at my own cost... very cool, very professionnal. I have to pay the lack of communication within the PUSH company....

Digging into forums, I saw that the real price was 109$+25$.
I kept my calm and sent an email summarizing the situation where I accepted the 109$ extra, where Imentionned I was ready to pay the whole thing

No answer. Again very professional.

I decided then to contact PUSH by phone since misunderstanding can be solve better this way.

I got on the phone my first PUSH contact which was very comprehensive and mentionned to me that they won't return the shock...

Guess what... the shock has been returned the day after.

I send then an email to tell the guy how unprofessional / unfair / untrustable they were on this one.
I got a silly marketing email mentionning that they deliver top service and that their employees were as well top...

So be carefull when requesting any service from those guys, you might have surprises.

PS : If anyone of you knows anothe company offering a stroke reduction service, I'm interested ! Thxs ;-)

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Obviously, there's two sides to every story and laying it out on the internet is not my way of handling things. I was fully aware that this post was coming based on the email that you sent to me.

Again, I really do apologize for the confusion and your experience with us.

As someone already mentioned we have guidelines and procedures that we must follow relating to International customers. Opening the door for one means that we have to open the door for all, or even worse, compromising our long standing relationships with vendors or our partner TF Tuned in the UK.

In this case, the addition of a shock modification that wasn't approved by us meant that there was nothing that we would have been able to offer anyway. Had the transaction gone through our regular channels, this situation could have been avoided completely.

Darren

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Darren, please stop this lie now. It becomes borring.
I would add that it's very easy to appologize without taking responsibilties and ask the other to pay... Again, very unprofessional answer.

I contacted your service prior to the sent of the shock and I only sent the shock to your company because I got an approval.
There is absolutely no confusion on this. Instead of throwing the ball to others, read first all emails threads I sent to you.

It's good to have policies and I fully understood them whe nexplained, but it's even better to ensure that all your employees apply them and provide the same message. "A shipment address in the US is not enough".

That should have been as simple as that...

·
Ride and Smile
736 Posts
yeti115,
sorry to hear about your bad experience. But if you look around, Push is one of the favorites of all time for MTB upgrades. My experience with them tells me they go the extra mile even when I forget to ask.
And your response to an apology sounds kinda small.

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
If you please to send me your bank account number and PIN code I can gladily arrange the wire transfer from the Nigerian bank account for immediate deposit of the $5,000,000 in funds from the oil ministerers account to you and then split the amount to cover you for your trouble. Please forward your credit card information and birthdate so we can both make this mutually profitable deal to assist my poor sister. Sincerely, Abbul An Farhimsa, former Minister of Nigerian Oil Ministry and State Treasurer.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
yeti115,

You do not reside in the USA. For this reason we are unable to provide any suspension services to you per our agreements with our vendors and partners.

You placed an order through our website and had a shock sent to us before we confirmed your order or had a chance to respond with any questions or concerns. Because the shock was already en-route to us, an employee at PUSH was trying to figure out the options that we may be able to offer. I was being briefed on the situation at this point and was also unsure what we should do. After looking into it more I also realized that the shock modification that you were looking for was something that we did not offer. Not just to you, but anyone with that application. Because of the time line pressure we were under to make a decision I made the decision that we would not be able to help you.

Had the shock not be shipped to us prior to order approval we would have had the time to communicate the situation to you and I feel that this would have been avoided.

I am solely the one to blame, and I do sincerely apologize.

Darren

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
OP you went to great lengths to try and squeeze this one in :nono: Are you really suprised of the outcome ??? It wouldn't matter if you present a smoking gun in your defense - you are still off base or should I say continent.

G

·
I'm siding with PUSH on this one.

I know it's PR damage control, but Darren, less internet posts - more answering phone calls and dealing with legit customers.

I don't think you need to personally address every off-base negative internet post regarding your company...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FYI, phone call didn't help. The day after, they did the opposite of what they mentionned to me on the phone.

I would suggest more the following options :
- If you commit to deliver something / do something => just do it
- If you made a mistake => correct it and be accountable of its cost (by that I mean, paying the shipment cost, nothing else)

Appologizes are nice, but to be fully accountable of the mistakes is better.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
yeti115 said:
FYI, phone call didn't help. The day after, they did the opposite of what they mentionned to me on the phone.

I would suggest more the following options :
- If you commit to deliver something / do something => just do it
- If you made a mistake => correct it and be accountable of its cost (by that I mean, paying the shipment cost, nothing else)

Appologizes are nice, but to be fully accountable of the mistakes is better.
I read a novel once where one of the characters was described thus: "he's one of those guys who's always wrong". Not to say you don't feel righteously aggrieved about your experience, but in my business life I've dealt with some folks who just can't see how they could have been wrong in the process. The more I point out that they look again at how it went down the more pissed off they get.

If Darren and you don't see eye to eye on this, I think it's YOU that needs to rethink how this all went down and where you might have made a misstep leading to this entire affair.

I say this from years of dealing with PUSH and finding them to be straightforward and honest in their customer relations. It doesn't matter how angry you are about this, I'm siding with PUSH.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.