Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darren or anyone else:

When are we going to see something come out?

Can you please leak some info? Timeline? What will be done to the fork when you get your PUSH paws on it?

Time is running out for me to A) Buy a new fork, no push. B) Keep my 2007 Boxxer team and send it to push. I really want to keep it and enjoy what you can do for it.

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
PUSH version of RS forks doesn't change the compression damping at all as RS nailed that (which is why they're so popular). The only thing the PUSH coversion does is change the rebound damping to more of a "speed sensitive" setup. That way you can set and forget for both fast trail riding and big hits without having to constantly adjust the rebound knob. The lesser travel forks are more noticabley lacking in that area than the Boxxers are. I highly doubt you'll see a PUSH Boxxer tune anytime soon. FWIW I have a PUSHED Pike as well as a 2007 Boxxer Team. The Team is a GREAT fork.

Have FUN!

G MAN

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Gman086 said:
I highly doubt you'll see a PUSH Boxxer tune anytime soon. G MAN
BoXXer is done and in production at PUSH. Largest machining job we've ever done at PUSH manufacturing,. The guys were out in Bootleg over the Holidays in December putting on the final tweaks. I'm sure you're going to start seeing some product leaks very soon as well as it showing up on the new 2009 PUSH site that's set to launch very shortly.

Darren

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I read that the other day also, I was hoping Darren would see this and leak more info :)

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
boogenman said:
yeah I read that the other day also, I was hoping Darren would see this and leak more info :)
i know you saw it and were pressing for info.:D i was just letting gman know, since he didn't seem to think PUSH would be doing anything with the boxxer.

now Darren - lyrik?????

·
Registered
111 Posts
is that a Stoy on the left there?

been thinking of getting one for my Jedi build, Impressions, oh ye gods of suspension? its that or a dhx5 and eventually sending that to you guys.

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
So Darren, will PUSH work be performed on 07 and later forks only? Or will you support earlier models as well.:confused:

thanx

·
Registered
4,937 Posts
[QUOTE='size]i know you saw it and were pressing for info.:D i was just letting gman know, since he didn't seem to think PUSH would be doing anything with the boxxer.

now Darren - lyrik?????[/QUOTE]

Interesting - I'll guess they did do some tweaking to the compression damping, especially at beginning stroke? And yeah, I'd send my Lyrik in for sure if they started doing those.

Have FUN!

G

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FINALLY!!!! :thumbsup:

Nothing on the site yet Darren! When I can I send my Boxxer?

I also need HV air piston kit in my Float RCL and my RP23 tuned to feel like a coil

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bryguy17 said:
sickness. the question now: new 2010 boxxer? or a pushed 32mm with the WC package?

decisions decisions...
Pushed 32mm for me. Rock Shox always seems to have a few bugs that need to be worked out with new products.

I will get the new boxxer next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts