Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
ss poser
406 Posts
we're alive, but i'm not sure we survived! ok, well, i guess we did, but barely! ;) that sucked! glad i did it, but no need to do bell again! what a long day! i'm sure the boys will write more tomorrow. saw a few cameras out there, too.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Bell Ridge made all that climbing worthwhile. I will be back. I had a blast, and "Can't see Bottom", is my new goal.

·
I AM PEDALING!
167 Posts
OH, Yeah!!

Chopper said:
Did anyone survive the P-a-K? Any pics? Stories?
What a BEAUTIFUL day it was!!
Out of about 33-36 riders, we only had 3 drop down Trabuco, instead of Bell.:thumbsup:

Lot's of stories and pics here; http://fooriders.com/CS/forums/thread/1951.aspx
and here; http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/trailhead/4485-pushakona-3-rr.html

The best part was the "Can't See The Bottom" chute!:yikes: My first try down didn't go very well, or very far. So I hiked back up and gave it another shot. Altough I didn't clean it, I did ride it all, and even stayed up right, more or less.:skep:

What a great time it was hanging with DFT, Danno, Bret, and Dirty-D!!
You guys are a BLAST!!:yesnod:

·
Just another FOC'er
2,222 Posts
crash maxwell said:
What a BEAUTIFUL day it was!!
Out of about 33-36 riders, we only had 3 drop down Trabuco, instead of Bell.:thumbsup:

Lot's of stories and pics here; http://fooriders.com/CS/forums/thread/1951.aspx
and here; http://www.socaltrailriders.org/forum/trailhead/4485-pushakona-3-rr.html

The best part was the "Can't See The Bottom" chute!:yikes: My first try down didn't go very well, or very far. So I hiked back up and gave it another shot. Altough I didn't clean it, I did ride it all, and even stayed up right, more or less.:skep:

What a great time it was hanging with DFT, Danno, Bret, and Dirty-D!!
You guys are a BLAST!!:yesnod:
Nice work putting that ride together Crash! I haven't been on one with that many riders in years.

BTW, it didn't occur to me until later, but I'm sure we could have gotten DFT to do "Can't See Bottom" bike shuttles for $1 a run, $2 at the most! Retries for all! :D

·
Just another FOCer
1,371 Posts
Good to know, but I think dft's sales pitch should be:

"Will do bike shuttles for tubes."

.Danno. said:
BTW, it didn't occur to me until later, but I'm sure we could have gotten DFT to do "Can't See Bottom" bike shuttles for $1 a run, $2 at the most! Retries for all! :D

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
nice work, all- saw the 40 or so happy campers in the lot beafore the pushing began and saw a handfull of guys that just went up WHT and came back down trabuco. everyone was a-smile!

trailwork was good, but running a weed eater for 4-5 hours makes you a little sore.

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
My first HaB up WHT and first trip down Bell. What a day.

Krash and I got up to the Bell/Trabuco split and left with the first group. We wanted to get as far ahead of the total DHrs due to my impending slowness. Bell is quite a trail, especially those nice super steep HaBs in the middle.;) I looked at 'Can't see bottom' :eek: and decided that without appropriate pads, I'll HaB/slip down (had to play it safe).:rolleyes:

We got back to the parking lot at almost exactly 2PM and as I understand it, the rest of the group behind got back 1.5 hours later.

Good times had by all.

Good seeing you again Tink!! You go girl!!!!

And much thanks to Crash Maxwell for putting the ride together.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
great day of riding

it's been a while since i've done one of those all day epics. these rides have a different feeling, one that i miss, than a 3-hour ride around laguna or something. through all the suffering it was great time, great to do a ride like this with such a large group of people.

·
ISO Gems...
549 Posts
Yesterday it dawned on me that Tink was the only female rider on this ride - AWESOME!!

Since dft is in VQ training mode I think he'd be into another round of Bell - Danno I know your prolly game as well, eh?

Plus, I gotta get a 100% clean on Can't See Bottom...

D

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Dirty D said:
Yesterday it dawned on me that Tink was the only female rider on this ride - AWESOME!!

Since dft is in VQ training mode I think he'd be into another round of Bell - Danno I know your prolly game as well, eh?

D
killer ride all. that trail continues to grow on me more and more. the descent sections on that trail are some of the best in all the santa ana's. i give props to the single speeders, just seems harsh on the descent, but they do awesome. i would go so far as to say that if all the ups (while doing the descending) were put at the beginning of the trail, that descent would be as good or probably better than downieville DH run! i'll be glad when VQ is over, back to freeirding for the rest of my life:)

G

·
dft said:
killer ride all. that trail continues to grow on me more and more. the descent sections on that trail are some of the best in all the santa ana's. i give props to the single speeders, just seems harsh on the descent, but they do awesome. i would go so far as to say that if all the ups (while doing the descending) were put at the beginning of the trail, that descent would be as good or probably better than downieville DH run! i'll be glad when VQ is over, back to freeirding for the rest of my life:)
and I've got some nice doubletracks with your name on them. Some dh tubes, and you'll be flat free brotha.

·
mtbcat.
165 Posts
round two bell

Dirty D said:

D
count me in !!!

·
I AM PEDALING!
167 Posts
What??

D

If you guy's go on a Sunday, let me know. I may try it on my hardtail this time around!:yikes:

·
...In the meantime.
222 Posts
Dirty D said:

D
Good to see you again D. I got some pictures of you on "can't see the bottom"...you'll clean it next time. PM me with an E-mail address and I'll pass em' your way.

Maxwell...awesome ride again thanks for organizing:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.