Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Ah ha! I thought I recognized you at Decorah. Saw you hopping around at the start. I was the tall guy on the Hunter, and my freind was the guy w/the Dos Niner. Nice job on the race. I need to ride more. Got my ass handed to me....

1,420 Posts
~martini~ said:
Ah ha! I thought I recognized you at Decorah. Saw you hopping around at the start. I was the tall guy on the Hunter, and my freind was the guy w/the Dos Niner. Nice job on the race. I need to ride more. Got my ass handed to me....
Do you have a yellowish/brownish Hunter? I wish I would have know that was you, I would have stopped and introduced myself. I do remember seeing you before my start and yes I was screwing around like always. You will have to come down and ride sometime, when we can have a little more fun.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Yep, baby poo yella. That's it. I live over in Viroqua, so I do plan on getting there soon. I've got to help run the 12 Hrs of Sugar Creek, then I'm free for a few weekends. I'd like to hit up Yellow River...if its worth it. And of course ride Decorah. I'll let you know when I head over.

1,420 Posts
~martini~ said:
Yep, baby poo yella. That's it. I live over in Viroqua, so I do plan on getting there soon. I've got to help run the 12 Hrs of Sugar Creek, then I'm free for a few weekends. I'd like to hit up Yellow River...if its worth it. And of course ride Decorah. I'll let you know when I head over.
Sounds good. We ride over at Yellow river fairly often and if you have never been there before I suggest you ride with someone who has. I have been to Yellow River more times than I can count and I still get turned around. Let me know when you have freetime to come down and I can get people to ride.

I actually go through Viroqua everytime I go to visit my parents. My Dad lives about 3 miles out side of Yuba, what a town.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn the man.

1strongone1,
the bandwidth will be increased but not for awhile for I am buried with "work" and riding.
As far as the fork, its your basic cheap steel KM. Measures approximately 47.5cm axle to crown. I may install a kelly or sibex later in the season but for now it works better than the reba. Its going through the break in period this weekend at the kettles rain or shine. As far a SSWC, of course!

Attachments

·
Bryn Mawr Borracho
191 Posts
are those swear words on your top-tube?

you poseur. Hey, you should try to make it up to Minneapplepuss the weekend of May 20-22nd. Friday night (20th) is Steve Smith/Willie Bullion art opening at One On One, and Sunday (22nd) is the StrongArm Marketing Bike Swap in the alley, with beer, bikes, and live bands...Off to Fruita on Saturday. Burp...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I lost the pool

Now you have hushed all the discussion of "what will jesse do with his rig?" I thought for sure you would dump the wheel set for some rim breaks.

The Rig is great at the kettles.

1,420 Posts
Hurl said:
you poseur. Hey, you should try to make it up to Minneapplepuss the weekend of May 20-22nd. Friday night (20th) is Steve Smith/Willie Bullion art opening at One On One, and Sunday (22nd) is the StrongArm Marketing Bike Swap in the alley, with beer, bikes, and live bands...Off to Fruita on Saturday. Burp...
Hurl, that is my way of buying your broke ass a beer. 4 stickers=4 PBR's, enjoy that Blue Ribbon goodness and watch out for that damn Fruita clay.

Cheers.

1,420 Posts
creepyfriendly said:
1strongone1,
the bandwidth will be increased but not for awhile for I am buried with "work" and riding.
As far as the fork, its your basic cheap steel KM. Measures approximately 47.5cm axle to crown. I may install a kelly or sibex later in the season but for now it works better than the reba. Its going through the break in period this weekend at the kettles rain or shine. As far a SSWC, of course!
Thanks.

1,420 Posts
Padre said:
Hey Strong
When did your Reba start creaking? Is this your only complaint?
I'd take creaking over rigid any day....[/QUOTE

Hey Padre,

I love the feel of the Reba fork, but the creaking is constant. I feel like the fork is about ready to break underneath me. I have had the bike for about 2 months and it started creaking about 1 week after I got it. I have a new Niner ordered and I will put the new Reba from that package on my Rig and send the creaking one to RS to get fixed and then I will probably sell it. I have a Pace RC31 440mm that I am going to put on the Niner.

Do you have any new Niner reports after a couple of races?

·
Registered
18,558 Posts
1strongone1 said:
Padre said:
Hey Strong
When did your Reba start creaking? Is this your only complaint?
I'd take creaking over rigid any day....[/QUOTE

Hey Padre,

I love the feel of the Reba fork, but the creaking is constant. I feel like the fork is about ready to break underneath me. I have had the bike for about 2 months and it started creaking about 1 week after I got it. I have a new Niner ordered and I will put the new Reba from that package on my Rig and send the creaking one to RS to get fixed and then I will probably sell it. I have a Pace RC31 440mm that I am going to put on the Niner.

Just in case...

Have you ruled out the headset as the source of the creak? I thought my Reba was creaking but the noise turned out to be a result of the crappy stock headset.

1,420 Posts
Nat said:
Just in case...

Have you ruled out the headset as the source of the creak? I thought my Reba was creaking but the noise turned out to be a result of the crappy stock headset.
It's the Reba. I have a king headset w/ a faced headtube. I have even taken it out and reinstalled it twice, with antiseeze. I can flip the bike upside down and take the front wheel out. Grabbing the lowers pushing towards one another and pulling away from one another and it creaks like crazy with every pull.

·
Recovering Weight Weenie
8,821 Posts
Hey Padre,
My wife loves it! The Niner is plug and play for sure....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.