Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at replacing the stock plastic pedals that came on my bike and need some advice. I don't want to spend much more than 20-40 bucks on pedals, I saw some at Mountain Equipment Co-op and they looked decent, any other suggestions?

·
wpg then, van now
91 Posts
What's wrong with your plastic pedals? 20-40 dollars is going to buy you some cheap pedals that will probably be on par with the original ones equipped on your bike.

That being said, I think your pedal dollar goes further at MEC. Many local bike stores will have a bargin bin, and you can find some cheap pedals in there. Last option would be some junk from Canadian Tire.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WpgRider said:
What's wrong with your plastic pedals? 20-40 dollars is going to buy you some cheap pedals that will probably be on par with the original ones equipped on your bike.

That being said, I think your pedal dollar goes further at MEC. Many local bike stores will have a bargin bin, and you can find some cheap pedals in there. Last option would be some junk from Canadian Tire.
The pedals I have now seem to be ok, just want to make sure they don't fall apart on me when I'm riding. I guess I can always wait until they actually break apart.

Thanks for the help

·
I like bikes!
44 Posts
Go check out your LBS. I got a pair of Wellgo flats for my wife at John Henry last summer for 25 bux or so. They are pretty solid, and reasonably priced...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.