Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some initial direction in what type and model of indoor training cycles I would want for our college gym. Right now we have two traditional sit on the 'chair' and pedal while you watch TV kind of bikes. I've used these, and am absolutely sick of them. It's NOTHING like what my legs feel on the trail. I started riding a lot this past year, and plan on running a few XC races this coming season, but we're under a few feet of snow for now. I've not done any indoor training, know little about it, and wasn't able to afford anything for home use this winter. However, I can propose to our student government (I'm the Governor) that we make a bike purchase for our gym. We have a healthy budget, so I'm interested in all price ranges at this point. I'm looking for a full cycle setup that will stand up to regular use in a private gym with moderate traffic. Any and all advice is appreciated as I start my search.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any thoughts on a decent spinner? I don't think I'd want to pitch for the MOST expensive thing I can find, but I think I could definitely justify a pair of $1,000 bikes.

Kettler Speed Pro Indoor Cycle

??

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. The Club Sport 100 is a CycleOps product it looks like, and I'm strongly leaning that way. I'll be putting this into our budget for next year, so I should be able to get at least one or two of them for next year. There's a very good LBS that is a dealer of CycleOps, so I'll be working with them on the purchase from here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.