Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this before but was wondering what anyone else has tried. Current suggestions are either Slime or Stan's with Slime being the current leader. A couple people have mentioned that with Stan's you'll have to replace/refresh the liquid more ofter due to desert heat. Thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wolverine said:
I've posted this before but was wondering what anyone else has tried. Current suggestions are either Slime or Stan's with Slime being the current leader. A couple people have mentioned that with Stan's you'll have to replace/refresh the liquid more ofter due to desert heat. Thoughts?
I don't have any personal experience with Stan's, but Jeff at Bike Stuff in BC uses it and thinks very highly of the product. Give him a call.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Desert heat

I've thought about using Stan's our just a DIY but have also heard that the desert heat dries it out extremely fast. I'll give him a call though and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Depends where you ride.

Wolverine said:
I've used stan's goop and it works great out at Blue Diamond, but at Bootleg... results will vary. The rocks go right through the tread. Sometimes it seals, sometimes not. I've given up and just use dh tires with dh tubes. Heavy, but a great workout!

·
Registered
13,096 Posts
I put in a pair of Slime Tubes last November and after almost a year of hard riding in Nevada, Southern Utah, and AZ(lots of cactus and thorns),haven't had a flat since (knock on wood). I take that back. There has been a couple times where I've gone to get my bike out of the garage or car to start a ride and one or the other tire is down. But I just spin the wheel and pump her up and the small punctures have sealed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.