Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any floor pumps out there where the hose won't get brittle and break? I have a Joe Blow that after 2 years the hose has cracked and I can't use it any more. Suggestions?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Performance to the Rescue

Performance has a couple of 'Ascent' floor pumps. The red one is good for road and mnt. tires. It has a lifetime warranty for as long as Performance is in business. The head on the pump is a universal one that is much better than the Topeak or Blackburn model. When mine wears out I'm going to put the Silca (Italian) brass presta valve on it or ask for a new pump.

Cheers,

P.S.
I have read some horrible reviews of the Park, Topeak and mediocre reviews of the Blackburn pump. My Blackburn TP4 has a malfunctioning guage since day one. It has a lifetime warranty, but I'd have to pay postage and take the time to package the thing, so I use the Ascent pump.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
my 12 year old blackburn tp-4 floor pump has been a stellar performer and still rocks. i once lost it after a move and got a joe blow pro to replace it about 5 yeara ago. the topeak smart head is much easyer to use than the old style twist head of the blackburn but it cant match the efficiancy of the tp-4's larger body.

both these pumps started life in the arizona desert and have seen plenty of use. they both work perfectly to this day without any replacement parts needed. the lost blackburn was later found in a all steel mini storage box. if there are reasonable conditions any worse for the rubber hoses and seals on these 2 pumps, be sure to let me know.

by the way, topeak is super cool about replacement parts and warranty parts. its worth it to fix it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Orangerider said:
I have a Silca floor pump
Ditto that - the Pista. Built to last and all the parts for the pump are easily found at any hardware store for repairs The chuck is great - though lately I've seen some with plastic on the head, which isn't as nice as the full metal chuck they had in years past.

·
Huh?
848 Posts
I'll second what CC said. I've had my Blackburn for four years now and just the other day called them because the head is leaking. "No problem we'll send you a new head" Customer service on par with Turners and a lifetime warrenty. Works for me.

·
Mr.Secret
643 Posts
IMO Silca makes the best floor pumps out there and they've pretty much used the same rebuild parts for years, when or if, the time to rebuild ever occurs............:thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.