1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was just at Arroyo Grande and saw this:

]

Discuss

I was talking to the security guard,he said it should be done in 2 months.
The jumps in the last pic are 7'-8' tall and about 12' apart. Thats freakin huge!

Anybody know any details?
Somebody gotta know sumpin.
Spill it already!

Sent using BOTH my thumbs

·
Registered
190 Posts
Once it's all done, there will be the jump park with a beginner, intermediate and expert jumps, the pump track and a short MTB skills trail that goes around it all. The skills trail will be a combination of wood and natural obstacles. There will also be a multi-use trail that will snake around the entire lower area.

It should be pretty cool, once it's done.

http://forums.mtbr.com/nevada/henderson-parks-update-630332.html

-C

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks cork :thumbup:

I remembered seeimg something about it. I was so stoked when I saw it I started post as I was dri...I mean when I got home:D

I don't know jack bout jump lines, but my untrain eye tells me they're going to need a little " refinement " on the 2 bigger ones.

·
Lone Wolf McQuade
2,418 Posts
Wow, that is pretty incedible! Can I still wear my lycra XC kit on the pumptrack, or is that frowned upon by the cool kids :nono:

Kudos to the folks that worked hard getting this in place :thumbsup:

Matt

·
Registered
190 Posts
BTW, there is a pump track being built next to the Whitney Ranch pool as well. The City of Henderson built a BMX track with some skills obstacles as well. Don't think it's open yet, but keep your ears open.

-C

·
2,093 Posts
watch out

Wow, that is pretty incedible! Can I still wear my lycra XC kit on the pumptrack, or is that frowned upon by the cool kids :nono:

Kudos to the folks that worked hard getting this in place :thumbsup:

Matt
You'll break an arm:)

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They're moving along. Hoping for mid-late Nov completion.
You could check on the Henderson Parks & Rec site.

I haven't been keeping tabs cuz I won't be able to get a dirt jumper til Feb-Mar:(

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone been out there? Looks like fun.

-C
I've seen a bunch of pics of smiling faces out there but haven't ridden it YET! Should be able to ditch this boot & start PT today so couple weeks I'll be out there!!!

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Where is this in Henderson and what is it geared toward?
It's at Arroyo Grande Park, off of arroyo grande between Santiago & Warm Springs.

All ages literally. From 3 year olds on striders to pro's and every one in between.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Funny you should ask as I made it out there for my first time this weekend. Unfortunately, no video and it's pretty dramatically different from the pictures posted here. There's essentially one asphalt pump track, and three main jump lines in increasing sizes. The smallest jump line and corresponding return line/rhythm section is now asphalt and reportedly the other jump lines will be eventually. I had a good time, and look forward to returning.

I searched youtube for "Arroyo Grande BMX" and found a few hits. Here's a recent one for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27HPVF6ay0U . There's even more asphalt now than the video i linked to above.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts