Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna post this in DJ/urban and DH/ DR because there are more users in the latter so im sorry if youve already read this. Here is my design for a pump track in my back yard. I have never built one or even built jumps before so i have no idea how long itll take. It is big and seems pretty ambitious but i have a lot of friends to help. how many man hours do u guys think itll take to build this? recommendations for changes in the plans are welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Looks pretty sweet! Where are you going to get the dirt? A track like that is going to take a ton of dirt!

I built a pretty simple 30'x60' pump track this past fall and so far I've had 10-15 yards of topsoil delivered....and I need more. You gotta pack that crap out of the berms, rollers, etc so it takes a lot of dirt. I did my track all by myself...just a wheelbarrow, shovel, and rake. Not sure how much time I've spent on it so far... I am no where near done though...gonna do quite a bit with it in the spring.

·
is down to roll...
722 Posts
I converted pre-existing dirt that was dumped on an abandonned school's field into a small track. It's an oval w/ 7-8' berms and two jumps on the straight. I spent about three days (4-6 hrs / day) and a friend helped on the 2nd day. The berms were the hardest part, but fortunately two jumps already existed. Be sure to factor in a source of water in the dry months. A creek runs by my track, so all we'll have to do is hop a fence and pass buckets.
-ebR

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am 20, it will be in my back yard and i do have a bunch of friends who r gonna help. my neighbor has a bobcat that i cud borrow, my friend is in landscaping and he can get me really cheap dirt. I know it looks really big but i wanted something that i knew would keep challenging me for yrs w/o having to rebuild or add on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.