Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
bicycle rider
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14-year-old is really getting into riding. The kind that involves goggles, full-face helmets and being in the air. I'm stoked that he likes riding. One of the things we'd like to try is a pump track. We're in the Oakland hills. I know about dirt jumps nearby, some clandestine, which are pretty big and have significant consequences. I'm talking no-pedal, pumptrack. Where's the closest one? Yeah, sure we'd love to build one, that's another matter.

Thanks,

Morgan

·
bicycle rider
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard Hank n' Frank Laf. occasionally has private pump track parties if you're down w/ the shop.
Closest public park has gotta be Pleasanton. The number of rollers on the bmx track doubled to 8.
Thanks, Rich. I am friends with a mechanic there, but I don't talk to him often. Maybe we'll go to Pleasanton.

It would be a lot of work, but fun to build one. I know someone who's got a tiny one in his backyard.

Anyone else got info?

Morgan

·
padded
698 Posts
+1 for Pleasanton Bike Park. It's more of a pump section than complete track, but the whole BMX track is relatively low-risk, and dropping in off the taller tables will give him a taste of more aggressive riding. Good vibe, too - folks of all ages and skill levels, so everyone usually plays nice. My boy is almost 8 and we've been going there for a couple of years.
Although I lack the stones to hit the jumps on my 20", on a 24 or 26er it's super fun for dads, too :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.