Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know very pic heavy but had nothing to do today, enjoy.

This summer the boys had been talking about building a pump track. They said it would be good for the winter and said we should start one this year. I put it out that I had 58' X 51' to work with but we may need better dirt. Subject came up a few more times till someone just set a date. Well thanks to Larry, Rich and Dan track seemed to go up with in a few days. These dudes are always building the killer stuff so I was not surprised but of course very impressed. Others have helped as well (Tony, Bryan, Shane, etc..) and as always it is greatly app.
The pics will show the current state of things but thanks to Larry and Co. track changes weekly. They have been holding off some because phase two may get 1-2 DJ style jumps worked in. We got some good ideas from Tony, Vince and Chris on Sunday so work may start on that soon.
So put together a few pros, some DJ riders, sweet bikes, pump track and this is what you get:
Looking over things, Vinny (pro #1) starts with a flat

Tony (pro #2) on the Commencal warming up, hitting the 270 with style.

The 24" getting ready and NO BRAKES!!!

Vinny still at it

Larry "the dirt surgeon" dropping out and Tony dropping in

New rider up, and Vinny still at it

Finishing up, minor break to shoot the $hit

And Larry enjoying the PT he works so hard on (nice job Larry)

Vinny done now but cleaning pedals :lol: He got teased but made up for it with some killer wall rides.

Larry doing his thing, its in his blood he can't help it :lol:

Vinny warming up finally

The 24 coming back out

Yetis own Chris B (pro # 3)was tried of watching so it was time for him to drop in

A few more in order, Vinny and Boice!

Smiles all around :thumbsup:

Bikes, bikes bikes!!!!! :)

Break time, time to talk about phase 2

·
7MGTE
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
and more to finish out the day

Back to riding!

Trick of the day was a toss up between Vinnys back to back wall rides (he got very high on the wall for sure) or Chris was able to double the rollers both ways, very sick to see both. Only pic I was able to get was of the 3rd wall ride but on his way down, here it is.

Then the 20" showed up, oh boy!

Oh yeah, speedometer!!! It was on now, the boys went at it and I think the fastest MPH was Boice at 17+.
Tony checking speedo

Customary beer pic :thumbsup:

Winding down

And last run :thumbsup:

Well I know it was a bit pic just trying to put you all here with us on that day. I hope it worked if not may it helped you to kill time at work or in the cold weather. Hope it stoked you all up it was a super day. All pics were posted in order of the rider and the time of day.

Thanks everyone who came out Sunday to ride and give us ideas on phase 2. Thanks to everyone else who has helped in this project as well and in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
that was fun. my first time on a pump track.
I can't wait to start digging on my yard more
need some ideas and dirt.
where to find dirt?
if you got a source at a decent price please let me know and some good plans or ideas.
to give you an Idea of space....about 100ft X 100ft with an extra 30 feet for a rolling behind or next to the workshop......

what is the radius on those turns anyway?
sorry to high jack you thread but if all you guys are on here........

·
aquanaut in the mountains
27 Posts
ten feet at the top of the berm is a great radius. down lower on the berm where you ride, it is closer to @ eight feet. Easy to carry speed through and can be pumped for more speed when needed.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Ya we used 8' at the bottom for the radius for the berms. We added two rollers on the flat corner. All the dirt was dug up. We have yet to import any dirt. It will get reworked soon. We have to figure out how to get some jumps in the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.