Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but all I could find was threads from last year. And those didnt seem to certain what was still around.

Obviously there is the track up at the Fix - but I'd rather not have to drive to Boulder. Apparently there may be one in castle rock? That's a little far too, but...

Some place in Arvada?

Kind of get the feeling they are all secret and noone will teach me the secret handshake.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
- stay tuned -

there are folks looking into this matter locally...
:cool:

(but in the meantime: the one in arvada, which i believe is no longer officially supported, is off of ralston road & kipling by those ball parks)

·
Out Of Control
244 Posts
The one on Arvada is actually Skyhigh BMX no? And yes most if not all are secret or private tracks....least the ones i've ridden. I believe Lory State Park has a bad ass track and there is also one up at the Fraser YMCA that Petr Hanak built. Both not very close.

·
abnormally aspirated
545 Posts
Sky High is definitely not a pump track. Used to be a pretty cool BMX track, but it is no longer maintained.... sad. Not that you can't get some riding there... and seriously hurt yourself there... ask me how I know ;)

·
Awesomist™
2,951 Posts
Arvada may not be a "pump track" as per LeelikesBikes definition, but you can certainly pump it. And it's pretty tiring if you do! As for track conditions up there, the Mojo Wheels Grommit Army™ sweeps that thing off occasionally, and even though a lot of the jumps and rollers are pretty worn out it's still pretty rideable. I'll be there after workin' hours tonight (weather permitting) if anyone wants to join.

·
Stand back
4,213 Posts
Maybe it's thanks to the MWGA, but IMO, skyhi isn't in that bad of condition. I would love to have something closer (Golden needs a skatepark and bike park/ djs!) but I'm glad skyhi is still standing, and I take time on every visit to pick up some litter. Too bad the local kids don't do the same...

·
That's what she said
206 Posts
Not a pump track but have heard commerce city has freestyle jumps. Some research, actually very little, and I found this. I guess their is a nice skate park there also. Never been but might be worth some research.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.