Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was stressed at work the past 2 days so I said f*ck waiting for my tax return check...thats why there is a thing called master card. I just got done ordering a 2007 Gran Mal with a rocco. I have also been collecting parts for it that I'm not gonna use from my old bike and I got saint cranks, hone front der. e-13 headset cups, Hope 2 piece rotors hope pro II rear hub and x.0 grip shifters. Now I gotta wait until it gets here which is gonna seem like forever. Pics as soon as they are possible

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
njhcx4xlife said:
So I was stressed at work the past 2 days so I said f*ck waiting for my tax return check...thats why there is a thing called master card. I just got done ordering a 2007 Gran Mal with a rocco. I have also been collecting parts for it that I'm not gonna use from my old bike and I got saint cranks, hone front der. e-13 headset cups, Hope 2 piece rotors hope pro II rear hub and x.0 grip shifters. Now I gotta wait until it gets here which is gonna seem like forever. Pics as soon as they are possible
Right on man! Did you get the roco TST-R or WC?

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
i wanted a gran mal but being that i am only 5'5 even the smallest gran mal was too big for me. that is a killer looking bike man. hope you have a lot of fun on it.

·
Is flexy
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm 5'7" and it is right on the edge of of my size. The top tube is right on and the standover is decent but being that I've always been short so every bike with the proper top tube length has a stand over too tall for the most part. Transition said to run a 550 lb spring on the rocco but that sounds a little high considering people my weight are running a 350-400 but on a dhx and I'm not firmiliar with the rocco at all. Does this sounds about right to you guys?

·
Registered
530 Posts
i'd stick with the spring weight they suggested. if you're 180 wiht gear that sounds about right. the rocco's are known for being a little soft, and tehy don't have the propedal, so i'd go with a 500-550. shoot them an email and give them all your info. i'm sure they'll be able to dial the spring weight in for you if you're concerned.

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Spring Calculator is what I used to figure out mine. It got it dead on. For your weight, it came up as a 380 (400) lbs spring for FR (firm-er) and 350 for DH (softer, plush). I went off the FOX/RS spring calculator since the Roco doesn't have SPV/CVT.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.