Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Geordie biker
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i ordered a 20'' pugsley recently, and its great, but was just curious on the actual size of the frame.........

i measured from the centre of the BB to the centre of the TT and this is what i get for a 20''...................

now if it is a 18'' rather than a 20'' its a bloody large one, as its actually still larger than my 19'' L mukluk.

any ideas?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just measured my pug, which shipped out as an 18" and it measures 18 from centre of Bottom Bracket to the top of the angled bar, as per your pic.

Hope this helps?

·
Geordie biker
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess mine is an 18'' then.........never mind, its seems larger than other bikes that size.

its a perfect fit so im not going to complain, but something just said to me that i should check it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nope, yours is a 20"

18 from centre of Bottom Bracket to the top of the angled bar
....thats the top of the small support bar from the seat tube down to the top tube. :thumbsup:

..anyway it fits & as you say thats what matters. :)

·
Geordie biker
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah, thats interesting then, i cant remember seeing it on the box, though thats what the shop must of went off.

id of said it was 18''!

the moonlander i have ordered is also a 20'' so i was now concerned the moony would be too big......panic over!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I went through the same, "Oh crap wrong size frame" when mine arrived, its a little alarming at first.

As mine was frame & fork only, until i had finished building it up, some 2 months later, i didnt know if it was going to be ok!

Report on the Moonlader when it arrives?

·
Geordie biker
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was minutes away from sending a email to change the moonlander size!!!!!!

starnge that a 20'' is more a 18'' but never mind.

im 6ft and ride it fine, though my 5ft2'' girlfriend can also ride this bike ok!!!!

i can relax and wait for the moony to get here in peace now........and yep, expect tons of pics and reports when it gets here in 10 weeks or so (hopefully).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.