Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Not I...

capeablebikes said:
Of the people that own Puglsey's, how many of them work at shops?
Said the cat.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
capeablebikes said:
I was just thinking that the only press this bike got was people in shops paging thru the QBP catalog ...
Here's my story. Last year a friend and I went out riding at least once a week. Once the snow started falling, we didn't want to stop. We ended up with things like chains on the tires, and zip ties and springs for grip in the snow. These ideas worked, but there had to be something better. We were quite determined, so we started working out designs for a half snowmobile, half bike. It would have tread in the rear instead of a tire. While scouring the internet for parts and design ideas, we came across info on the pugsley....we both had to get one.

Anyone else have a story?

Chris

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
capeablebikes said:
I was just thinking that the only press this bike got was people in shops paging thru the QBP catalog ...
There is a lot more buzz about the Pugsley than just the QBP catalog. It was shown at Interbike '04 as a prototype. Started many ongoing discussions on the 'net. Regular updates on the Surly blog. Was one of the most talked about bikes at Interbike '05.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Confessions of snowbike addict

Anyone else have a story?

Chris[/QUOTE]
I lived in AK for 15 years. Did the Iditabike on a Kona with snocat rims. When I moved to Idaho in 2000 I learned to weld. The reason I learned to weld was to build the ultimate snow recumbent with skiis on the front. I did. First outing it threw me on the ground and messed up my shoulder. I will be buying a pugsley shortly. I think it is probably the most efficient way to ride over the snow. The whole track thing idea is just unworkable. I spent days in the snowmobile junkyard here in Boise looking at dead snowmobiles and drawing pictures for my dream recumbent. Get a pugsley is my advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.