Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating switching from a Pugsley to a 9zero7. Any pluses or minuses of switching? My Pugs is brand new 2011 frame nothing wrong with it just like the way the 9zero7's look. Any help here would be awesome.

THANKS

·
aka bOb
8,814 Posts
Here is

First day on the 907, although I did really like my Pugs and I am still dialing my 907 stem in, I didn't notice a huge difference except in the most important aspect and that is stability in the snow. The longer chain stays which might take away some of the bikes giddy up and go snappy feel sure seemed to help as well as having a little shorter TT then my pugs seem to put me in the middle of the bike for a more confident feel. The steering seemed a little off compared to the pugs on the black top but was spot on in the snow. I am running a Fatback fork with a 468 crown-race height which may not be right for the bike and I'm going to find one a little lower to see what that does, not really sure if that will make much of a difference or not. The fit and Finnish is great on the frame the only thing I was disappointed in was the way the had it packaged. Although it came out fine they had it thrown loose in a box in a plastic bag, no padding nothing. All in all though Fatbikes did a great job with the frame and service and I think all around it is a nicer frame then the Pugs with better handling where it counts for me, in the snow, is it a huge difference?????? Maybe, but I would've been just as happy on my Pugs, all smiles!

Now after being on it awhile I do like it better mainly because of the size and where it sets me on the bike. I feel more centered which I like in the snow and the weight is a little better but all in all not a huge difference plus the frame is pretty cool. My Pugs was a 2011 as well.

·
Wheeler Dealer
9 Posts
The 9ZERO7 frame has a lower stand over and shorter reach. It's a great bike if you are making your first build as you can go straight to the 170mm version which now offers a sliding drop out version. The biggest difference is weight as the frame and fork are roughly a 2.5 lb drop from a Pug. If you want to switch over (which I have had a few customers do) it is a good idea to go to their 170 frame which will require a new rear hub and rebuild of your wheels.

·
Registered
6,034 Posts
I chose the 9:Zero:7 over the pug for a few reasons.

I liked the standover height more on the 9, I figure with winter boots/river bottom and sandy rides that that clearance would be much appreciated.

I liked the 170mm frame, for the increased stiffness that may come over the 135mm.

I like to be different, and I don't think anyone in my area has a 9, even though by the time I am done with the build I am sure everyone and their grandma will have one.

I rode both a large frame 9 and a 20" pug, and just liked the overall feel of the 9 better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.