Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone wanted to see the Endos on snow, so here you are. Most of the pics are at high noon on the Iditarod Trail in Dec.
Adam, Mike, Kathy and Pat
2 Pugs, Porky, and a B-29.

Pat

Attachments

G

·
Glacier Ride

Hey Pat,
You guys going to join us for the glacier ride Saturday? Hope so! Guess we will cheat and ride them studded tires at these temps.
Bill M

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No studs

We don't have any studs right now, so most likely won't be joining you. Sounds like fun, though.
We may head out with the Su100 folks for an overnight on the trail and let kathy practice up on her winter cycling camping skills. Never hurts for me to do the same.
Cheers,

Pat

G

·
No Studs??????

patirwin said:
We don't have any studs right now, so most likely won't be joining you. Sounds like fun, though.
We may head out with the Su100 folks for an overnight on the trail and let kathy practice up on her winter cycling camping skills. Never hurts for me to do the same.
Cheers,

Pat
Kathy has you---- how many more studs could she need? ie:Coast Magazine Add
Guess we are camping too. You guys enjoy the Susitna campout should be a good time!
Bill M

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm filled with envy

I never get to go out and just ride in the woods closest I get is taking the Coastal home. Think of me and have extra fun. BTW How do those things (The Pugs) do on ice?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pugs on ice

I haven't been on real glare ice yet, but it does OK on the trail ice. The wide tread will be better than a skinny tire, but not as good as a stud. I suspect if you run low psi it'll do a pretty good job. RIO is trying to get us to bring one out to the ice races at Goose Lake, and that should tell us alot.

P

·
Registered
978 Posts
Iced Pugs

Bring all of them "bigins" out and have a Pug fest with or without studs !
we will be willing to have a special class for Pugs because you all are so special !
Yes, Pat you can ride with a Speedo but no spoonin , well if akdelux is there it will be ok !

patirwin said:
I haven't been on real glare ice yet, but it does OK on the trail ice. The wide tread will be better than a skinny tire, but not as good as a stud. I suspect if you run low psi it'll do a pretty good job. RIO is trying to get us to bring one out to the ice races at Goose Lake, and that should tell us alot.

P

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've just got to drag my lazy semi-married butt out to Goose Lake Sunday. I might not race because it's too much like working parts of mid-town. (Place smiley face thing here)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Glacier Ride?

Did you say Glacier RIde?

Bill M said:
Hey Pat,
You guys going to join us for the glacier ride Saturday? Hope so! Guess we will cheat and ride them studded tires at these temps.
Bill M

·
FatBike Fiend
974 Posts
You are correct, sir.

Hey Tony,
Yeah we're doing the Knik Glacier this weekend. Reports are encouraging about trail conditions. In true valley style, we're hauling in an Arctic Oven tent with a 4 wheeler and are planning on camping on Saturday(full moon night). Weather forecast looks promising as well. Come on out if ya can!

Wildfire
Mesotony said:
Did you say Glacier RIde?

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wildfire said:
Come on out if ya can!

Wildfire
I am uncertain of the start - park area etc . I'd certainly like to start with you guys maybe I'll follow bill and Kathi to the start....- can't camp on this trip, but envy you guys- the moonlight should be incredible this weekend ...

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
More snow

Spent the weekend on the trail from Knik again and had a blast. Everyone should have joined the Su100 folks for their anual overnight just to test gear, have a great time, and see how quickly great conditions can turn to sh%t. No need for more photos, but I will say that all bikes did a good job out there. The big fatties will win the day when the base itself gets soft and the narrower tires find no puchase.

Pat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts