Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Fat Bikers, I'm finally able to pull the trigger on a Pug build, and I'm about to get the frameset, but I'm wondering if the new frame comes with the non-offset fork? I'm considering the Vicious 80mm rims, and want to know if I need 2 offset rims, or just one...

Anyone who has a recent grey pug help?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
dont worry dude there a bit confusing at first,stock frameset is offset front and rear so you will need 2 offset rims of your choice between 50mm - 100mm if fitting endomorph tyres,
2 rear hubs and 2 rear brake disc calipers which will give you the required rear disc mount for your front forks as running a rear hub in there,this is easy enough if you use avid BB mechcanical brakes as you just buy 2 rears as levers can be mounted upside down as there symetrical,if you want to fit hydralic brake buy brakes which use a mastercylinder which again can be run upside down,unlike say older hope brakes,there is also available seperatly a standard 100mm hub fitting fork (non offset) but you will have to purchase this seperatly if you wish to run a standard or dynamo hub and will also have to buy a non offset rim for this,
if you have anymore questions just post them up,someone will come over and help,everyone real friendly on here :thumbsup:
post some build pics too :)
CK71

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks coastkid! I appreciate the tips, especially on the brakes, since I hadn't considered that I need 2 rears. :D

I will definitely post build pics as soon as parts start streaming in!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts