Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am fairly confident that the Offset PUG Fork wouldn't work but what about the straight one with 100mm. Spacing.

Next question, could one build a Large Marge w/Endomorph on a 100mm. Spaced Regular Front Hub?

Many Thanks,

PF

·
Registered
385 Posts
I've seen it set up that way, either fork would work but the offset one would require a rear hub wheel with special dishing. You can use the standard spacing fork, but the tire is a little bit harder to fit in between the dropouts.

The standard spaced fork should work with a standard 29'er wheel and a LM/Endo setup with a standard hub.

The offset fork will do pretty much the same but it requires an offset wheel with a second rear hub.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have already placed my Front Wheel Order.

Apparently, Surly is going with welded seams on the New Large Marge Rims coming out in about a Month.

REALLY Looking Forward to having yet another option for my Monkey!

Thanks All,

PF

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Bike!

cobblestone said:
Works like a charm... you will find the Pug fork/tire is about 1cm shorter then the KM fork/tire.

My bike...

And running it Fixxxed! Very cool my friend.

Any trouble running it down rocky downhills?

PF

·
Registered
386 Posts
I've been thinking about converting my KM in similar fasion. One question: When opting for the 110 spaced fork/hub in this setup is it difficult to remove the front wheel from the fork?

I want to go 110 so I can still fit the bike on my fork mount roof rack, I'm hoping with low tire pressures it will squeeze right through.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I built an Alex DX32 rim on an XT 100mm front hub and mounted an Endomorph on it. I chose the Alex so I could run tubeless. Worked like a charm. It was only 40mm wide, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.