Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
the Chain Guy
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wife/daughter free this week and was hoping to make it down to Pueblo this weekend. Not sure on the day yet. Hoping for Saturday but might have to do some work. Anyone feel like getting some riding in? I was thinking of staying in the canyon for the most part. Don't want to waste my legs on Voodoo since I haven't been getting much riding in lately.

·
That's damn yankee to you
363 Posts
Hey I might consider joining you. I'm visiting Denver for the week and we were thinking of trying to get to Moab for the weekend but so far it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate. Pueblo would be a good alternative. What kind of riding? I've been riding almost every day for the past 2 weeks but before that it was a long dry spell......

·
the Chain Guy
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The canyon area has some fun trails. No extended climbing, just short bursts, with some technical climbing. I'll post a link to the trail's site. take a look at the south reservoir trail map. Basically you pick and choose which trails you want to ride down and which to ride up. The black trails I would classify as intermediate with only one of them being expert that I know of. I have a 4.5" travel bike and last time I went my buddy had a hard tail and did ok.

http://www.lakepueblotrails.org/doc_display.asp?dpath=Arch_Control&Mitem=324

·
Registered
240 Posts
I also would be interested in a Sunday ride..I have never been down there yet and want to check it out. Let me know what time your looking at to start riding.. Weather looks good for sunday. Mid-Upper 50's

·
the Chain Guy
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just checked NOAA and it isn't looking that great for Sunday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...UB&textField1=38.2736&textField2=-104.621&e=1

The trails at the reservoir are pretty exposed so if they are correct on the wind forcast it would be the ride pretty miserable.
Monday looks perfect of course... I am still a newb at Colorado weather so I am not sure what the right call is. I have the opportunity to ride Monday instead but that would probably be tough for you guys. For now lets leave it at Sunday and we'll see if anything changes.

Doesn't look like I will have to work Saturday so that is an option too.

·
Banned
7,171 Posts
bismirle said:
I just checked NOAA and it isn't looking that great for Sunday.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...UB&textField1=38.2736&textField2=-104.621&e=1

The trails at the reservoir are pretty exposed so if they are correct on the wind forcast it would be the ride pretty miserable.
Monday looks perfect of course... I am still a newb at Colorado weather so I am not sure what the right call is. I have the opportunity to ride Monday instead but that would probably be tough for you guys. For now lets leave it at Sunday and we'll see if anything changes.

Doesn't look like I will have to work Saturday so that is an option too.
You can play in the canyons in a hurricane and not feel the wind...only when you pop out to get to another shot. If the sun's out, I'd go!

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
Cool Im planning on this ride. Thinking we could try and meet at the Target parking (I25 and Circle) lot around 9:00 Sunday and get to the trail head around 10:00am. If you dont have a park pass bring $6. I have a pass so Brian if you want to ride with me your more than welcome.

My thoughts on the weather is if we do ride its going to be windy mixed with light precip. Basically unsettled early spring weather day.

Everybody should check this post before leaving Sunday morning in case we decide to cancel.

·
the Chain Guy
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still planning on going. I want to ride the canyon trails, skip voodoo and the flat stuff. I don't know of anything there that you would need the big bike for. The Enduro should be good. Maybe Jay knows of some big bikeable stuff.

·
Team Inflexible
1,943 Posts
Since we will be riding up and down the arroyos there is a good bit of short but steep technical climbing. IMO Enduro is the Ideal bike.

I think my buddy Mike is coming down from Denver to join us. The weather is looking up. It is going to be in the mid 50s with a chance of showers in the afternoon so hopefully we miss any precip but will be packing a jacket just in case.

Se ya all at Target! Its right of I-25 exit 138 on the far South end of Colorado Springs.

Attachments

·
Alaskan in exile.
439 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.