Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some information on rides to do out in Pueblo. I'm trying to get prepared to do the Whiskey 50 in April, hoping to get a 4hr ride in.

Are there any rides that anyone can suggest. Its ok if I end up doing a couple of loops, just wanting to find something dry and long.

Thanks!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Not much down that way to emulate the Whiskey, not until the Lake Isabel area dries out. Come on up to C/S anytime and join us to ride, my g/f is doing the Whiskey on Sat on the SS and I'm going to suffer on Sunday.

·
Alaskan in exile.
439 Posts
chomafin said:
Looking for some information on rides to do out in Pueblo. I'm trying to get prepared to do the Whiskey 50 in April, hoping to get a 4hr ride in.

Are there any rides that anyone can suggest. Its ok if I end up doing a couple of loops, just wanting to find something dry and long.

Thanks!
Are you talking XC-type stuff? If you want about 27 miles, you could ride this: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70510483.

If you want even more miles: instead of returning via South Shore, head up Cuatro Cinco, out on Arkansas Point, back on Rollercoaster, down The Edge & Stonehenge, and back up Rock Canyon. Then finish by going around on Rodeo Ridge, Rodeo, The Duke and Conduit.

I'm still working my way up to riding all of that in one ride. At this point, the Outer Limits - Voodoo combo is enough for me... :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot nanook, I'll look at it.

kj; I'm actually up in Denver. I've never been to Pueblo for any riding so that I'd try it with how nice their weather is. This will be my first attempt at a race series. I'll be in the amateur ride on Sat.

I've been spending all Winter on the trainer, I just really need to get some good rides outside in.

·
Registered
683 Posts
chomafin- I think the Sat ride at Whiskey will be the fun one. Its a super fast course, think sub-4hrs if you're going all out up to 5hrs or a bit more at a good endurance pace. The crux is definitely the out and back of the 50; its a long dirt road climb after the turn around that starts easy and gets steeper later. Sorry to hear you've been stuck on the trainer; you should still come down to C/S, tons of our trails are in great shape already and there are numerous ways to do over 50 miles with mostly trail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.