Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it's getting to be that time of year again... time to hit up Pueblo. I'm thankful there is such a place that's rideable year round.
conditions were great.

One questions for the regulars out there. Is it common to see hunters and here shots over your head? Just getting my grove on when: bam bam. Stopped for second then a third shot. About an hour later I rode past the guy (assuming). All decked out in hunting gear. Nice enough, made sure he moved his barrell out of my path as I approached and had all the orange gear on. Was just a bit surprised.
I actually have video of when I heard the first two shots.

·
Your bike is incorrigible
3,179 Posts
I've never heard of hunting there, but I usually go in the winter. Pueblo is more of an "I'm so damned tired of rollers and videos" place to go for me. I don't think I could stand it in the summer.

You might check when hunting season begins and ends in CO. I used to have the same problem in Connecticut, but there you have a lot more trees that don't permit hunters to see whether you're a human or deer.

·
The MTB Lab
2,559 Posts
Most all of the parks allow hunting, here is the Pueblo map: http://parks.state.co.us/SiteCollectionImages/parks/Parks/PuebloLake/pue_hunting_20100121.pdf

"Hunting - 10/3/2011
Small game and waterfowl hunting is permitted in designed hunting areas during legal seasons after Labor Day. The Colorado Division of Wildlife (DOW) can provide more information on hunting regulations. Go to Lake Pueblo Publications for a map of the areas where hunting is permitted on the park. "

I personally have never seen anyone hunting.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I saw a couple of hunters out in the flat area during my last ride along South Shore Trail about a month ago. Heard a few shots as well. It was the first time I've seen hunters out there. It was a bit unnerving as they were only about 20 yards or so from the trail (the shots were heard later, after I had passed them). Thanks for posting the map indicating the hunting area. Interesting to see that the trails are all within the hunting area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.