Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to remind anyone that's been napping under a rock what time of year it is. If you aren't heading north next month, ask yourself why not?

If you are, please enjoy a few reminders of why.

Yes, I've posted that vid before. It seems every bit as apropos now as then.

Cheers,

MC

·
Lighten up.
1,089 Posts
Great stuff, mikesee. Nicely played...

Edit: And not to start a debate on the whole "Into the Wild" thing, but I think Vedder knocked that ITW soundtrack clean outta the snow-covered park...Swell choice for your vid'.

·
This place needs an enema
16,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
coastkid71 said:
are the tree tops snapped by the wieght of snow?. looks lovely out there...
Not too many people catch that, mostly because I didn't do a great job of capturing it in the pic. I think it might be a combo of heavy snow loads and big wind, but really I have no idea. The trees were like that for several miles along that section of trail, and it's remote enough that I highly doubt it was caused by man/men.

MC

·
is buachail foighneach me
6,589 Posts
shaggyjohn said:
Awsome stuff! I cant make it this year but will be back for sure.

Where abouts is the Rainy Pass sign?
It's right at the top. When you left the Hilton you trudged through some low shrubs for a while before one final steep pitch. At the top of that steep pitch, it was on the right. Wouldn't be too hard to miss in falling/blowing snow or darkness. I got to that point I'm guessing 30-45 minutes after Mike and it was dark enough that I didn't bother with a photo.

·
Registered
102 Posts
sean salach said:
It's right at the top. When you left the Hilton you trudged through some low shrubs for a while before one final steep pitch. At the top of that steep pitch, it was on the right. Wouldn't be too hard to miss in falling/blowing snow or darkness. I got to that point I'm guessing 30-45 minutes after Mike and it was dark enough that I didn't bother with a photo.
That makes sence! I didnt stop at the Hilton and crossed on the left of the ridge. I did stop for a photo at the top though, quite a view eh?!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.