Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given a Psycle Werks Mad Dog frame. Anybody know anything about these frames? Is it worth being built up? Thanks...

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Dirty Sanchez said:
I was recently given a Psycle Werks Mad Dog frame. Anybody know anything about these frames? Is it worth being built up? Thanks...
While it may seem like a pretty cool bike, it's really a POS by todays standards. Unless you have the spare parts and don't need to invest money to do so, go ahead and build it up as a beater. Otherwise, put it on Ebay and make a little $$.

here are some nice retro pics of one....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's cool. I've never done the downhill freeride thing and thought it may be a semi-affordable way to try it out, I have a few parts to get it started. If I decide too would you recommend a dual crown fork or would I be ok with a regular 130mm fork? I'm don't planning to do any hard core stuff just playing around mostly...

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
Dirty Sanchez said:
That's cool. I've never done the downhill freeride thing and thought it may be a semi-affordable way to try it out, I have a few parts to get it started. If I decide too would you recommend a dual crown fork or would I be ok with a regular 130mm fork? I'm don't planning to do any hard core stuff just playing around mostly...
Too keep the bike balanced, I would look at a dual crown with more travel (170mm+). That bike gets around 8-8.5" of travel. Like I said it's not a bad bike to play around, I just wouldn't put allot of money into it. Also, keep an eye on the rear linkages, they can have a tendency to develop some slop. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The model I remember maxed out at like 7" of travel. If it takes a front derailleur it would make a good FR or HD Trail bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought this on Craigslist for $300, disassembled it, painted it, had the forks serviced, and put it back together. I had a screen printer buddy of mine laser cut some decals for me. My bike shop friend said, "It's like riding a water bed".. It is super smooth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts