Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a conti gravity ust 2.3 for front use on a cannondale prophet. conti's website recommends 50psi. is this possible? me - 160lb, s.florida (roots, sand, little hardpack), 1.5 scoops stan's.

·
Super Moderator
8,633 Posts
d-unit said:
just bought a conti gravity ust 2.3 for front use on a cannondale prophet. conti's website recommends 50psi. is this possible? me - 160lb, s.florida (roots, sand, little hardpack), 1.5 scoops stan's.
I hear ya - mine state a min of 30psi....but after two rides on top of something akin to a twitchy monkey I dropped it back down to 24psi. No pinch flats or popped beads.

BTW - I run Spec Adrenalin 2.0 tubliss w/ 1/2 cup of Stan's on Crossmax SL's. And I also weigh 160

·
Singletrack Addict!!!
912 Posts
Hey shiggy I have the vert's with slime in the xm819 so far no prob, but was interested in using latex based, why did you reccomended to the gravity user to loose the stan's?

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Relayden said:
Hey shiggy I have the vert's with slime in the xm819 so far no prob, but was interested in using latex based, why did you reccomended to the gravity user to loose the stan's?
Do a search for "DIY tubeless"

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all so far. shiggy, if i skip the stans, should i use any sealant, or just run the tire dry? also, what pressure would you recommend starting with before fine tuning. i'm also on mavic 819. thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
d-unit said:
thanks to all so far. shiggy, if i skip the stans, should i use any sealant, or just run the tire dry? also, what pressure would you recommend starting with before fine tuning. i'm also on mavic 819. thanks in advance.
If you are using UST tires and do not ride in areas with thorns there is no reason to use a sealant. If they are standard tires inner tubes work best.

35psi is a good place to start.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine are gravity 2.3 UST on mavic UST rims. i'll skip the stan's and try starting out at 35psi. thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nevermind

thanks for the help, but i went back with my high roller ust 2.3 for the front. that conti gravity ust wasn't working anywhere here in south florida. my old high roller is still better than the new continental. i'll never be disloyal to maxxis again. any word on the ignitor ust 2.1 for the rear?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts