Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ahhh the pain....
2,566 Posts
Yeah, a good deal. But honestly, had the Sawyer filters been out at the time I bought my Steripen, I'd have bought one of those first. Lighter, no batteries, easy to use.
I think one of these steripens would be great for some one going to other countries and wanting to be sure they didn't get some bug in the water.

·
Big B's Trails
1,762 Posts
Had a steripen, wasn't super fond of it, went to a sawyer mini... works great and as simple as it comes.

·
EDR
10,102 Posts
Had a steripen, wasn't super fond of it, went to a sawyer mini... works great and as simple as it comes.
That's Sawer mini looks perfect for the occasional use. Have you tried the inline filter to use with your Camelbak? I'd imagine that's how I would want to use it but I worry that trying to drink from my Camelbak with a filter installed might be kind of like trying to drink a milkshake through a straw. Is it really doable or more of a gimmicky thing?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I have one on my camelbak. It does add a little resistance but not a lot, not like a milkshake, more like drinking out of a smaller straw.

That's Sawer mini looks perfect for the occasional use. Have you tried the inline filter to use with your Camelbak? I'd imagine that's how I would want to use it but I worry that trying to drink from my Camelbak with a filter installed might be kind of like trying to drink a milkshake through a straw. Is it really doable or more of a gimmicky thing?

·
Got a suspension fork
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know the accuracy of this, but fwiw:

• The STERIPEN is a water purifier (by EPA standards) B/C it neutralizes all bacteria and viruses.
  • The SQUEEZE is a filter that lets viruses and small pathogens (less than one or two microns) through.
saw that here

1 - 16 of 16 Posts