Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered the maestro bearing tool kit from my LBS a couple weeks ago. Normally $120+, they are on sale for $70 and being discontinued. The same LBS quoted me $100 just for labor for bearing replacement so it was a no brainer.
Reason the kit is discontinued is because the tool kit is only listed to work through 2008 models, BUT it worked just fine on all the bearings of my 2009 AnthemX, and most likely will fit at least most of the bearings for other models. It would of course be worthwhile to check into that.

$70 is a great deal, I was looking at paying $200+ for other comparable bearing press kits and the maestro kit is better.

so if youre interested, get them while you can

·
Registered
206 Posts
Went to a Giant dealer (Ontario, Canada) and was told they cannot order if it's not in the catalog. I said it's not in the U.S. online catalog either and somebody there was able to get it but nope, they said they can't order it. :( Might try the other dealers and see what happens.

Update: Spoke to Giant Canada (found a phone# that's actually for their dealers to call :D) Although it's not in the Canadian catalog, they stock it and the dealer can order it. They won't discuss pricing though and said that they generally don't put tools on sale. It's up to the dealer to price any item.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.