Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you sweat, and get stinging eyes, and fogged glasses, usually after a long climb to a then ruined descent....tune in, this is a miracle product. I've searched for a long time for a headband that actually works; one that fits with a helmet, doesn't make my head hot, get itchy and actually blocks sweat. I found one. This is the best headband ever made, IMHO. Made by Halo.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Been using these for a couple of years. Both road and mountain. They work. Still get occasional sweat in an eye, but rare.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Fart smeller
Tell us what parts you're using.
18,171 Posts
Aside: Why do pics get posted twice? I know fc has seen this happen, can't it be fixed?

BBQ.jpg

BBQ.jpg

·
F*** it
1,126 Posts
^ You can post your concerns in the Department of Redundancy Department forum.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Halo works for me, sort of, but the yellow rubber strip designed to block dripping sweat leaves a groove in my forehead that lasts for hours after a ride. My aging skin doesn't "snap back" like it used to. I use a camo cotton blend do-rag with a plush sweat absorbent pad across the forehead area. No more sweat/sunscreen dripping in my eyes. It holds a lot of sweat and dries fairly quickly. I rinse it and let it dry after every ride and wash it once week. Once it's wet, evaporation has a cooling effect. So far no stinky. Amazon $12.99.

·
Registered
760 Posts
I've been using the Jimi Cap for years:
https://www.jimicap.com/

Works great. I do get that "groove in forehead" thing after wearing it a while but presumably not as bad as the Halo since in this case it's just an elastic band all the way around. I found that wearing it inside out actually helps reduce the groove (new band name?)

·
Fart smeller
18,171 Posts
I've been using the Jimi Cap for years:
https://www.jimicap.com/

Works great. I do get that "groove in forehead" thing after wearing it a while but presumably not as bad as the Halo since in this case it's just an elastic band all the way around. I found that wearing it inside out actually helps reduce the groove (new band name?)
Infectious Grooves?

Rock Candy Funk Party? (We Want Groove? Groove Is King? The Grooove Cubed?)

Incidentally, if you like Joe Bonamassa, he plays on all the RCFP discs, but it's JB as you've never heard before. Here's a sample: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSrAa55LiAo

Groovy!

·
Fart smeller
18,171 Posts

·
Registered
6,125 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
I purchased a Halo after seeing good reviews everywhere. I sweat like a pig who sweats like a pig! This has eliminated prob 80-90% of my sweat issue as far as the eye burn and constant wiping. I have found if I sqeeze my helmet against it and look down, it really drains out nicely on the fly. For under $15 anyone who has sweat issues should try it. I have 2 and rotate to minimize the funk.

·
Registered
11,680 Posts
recently found the stuff he did with Beth Hart randomly from listening to KKJZ out of CSULB Saturday and Sunday "Nothing but the Blues" slot..

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have seen the Sweat Gutr and was thinking of trying that or something similar to see how good it works. Oakley's DRT5 helmet has implemented a sweat gutter type doohicky for your forehead to prevent this. Not sure how well it works. One thing is that if you have glasses sit off the face more it helps a lot with fogging because of the airflow. When the glasses sit on my cheeks, they are prone to fog up more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
+2 on the Halo.

I dangle one from the camelbak and swap out the soaked one. Wring it out and dangle it in the wind for the top of the next climb.

I too am part pig. (or so Ive been told)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts