Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
slow
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a good reminder not to leave much in your vehicle at any trail head, or better yet, ride to the trail when possible.

"The Larimer County Sheriff's Office reports receiving multiple complaints of vehicle break-ins at the Lion Gulch Trailhead near Estes Park, with everything from firearms, computers, iPods and wallets being stolen..."

Whole story:
http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20110215/UPDATES01/110215009

·
ride
5,275 Posts
THanks ST. Probably not too much bike use for now, but definitely something to be conscientious of. That trailhead gets packed on weekends in the summer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The ones that leave them in their cars clearly dont get it. Encounter me on the trail and rest assured, theres 40oz of rock solid .45 cal Springfield steel on me, so when i catch you breaking into my car....
-FreuderLocks

·
Newt Guy
833 Posts
FreuderLocks said:
The ones that leave them in their cars clearly dont get it. Encounter me on the trail and rest assured, theres 40oz of rock solid .45 cal Springfield steel on me, so when i catch you breaking into my car....
-FreuderLocks
I would not have a gun in my car as I was riding my bike on the trail, and I would not like to be carrying my .45 on the trail either.

I would rather just like to park my car, ride my bike, and just avoid the ones stealing whatever I was dumb enough to leave in my car.

If I am going to HAVE to shoot someone, I am going to kill them. I have no desire to kill someone breaking into my car. Take video or pictures or take license plates or call the cops is what I would do. Then I would go home and take a post ride shower... Without just having killed someone.

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
FreuderLocks said:
-FreuderLocks
What don't they "get"?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Pabs said:
What don't they "get"?
Dont leave an unsecured weapon, ANYWHERE, period.

Besides you cant' shoot someone from stealing from you, they have to pose a direct threat to you or someone else.

I carry where I want, provided its legal.

If I have to shoot someone its to defend myself, whether they live or die is their problem, no matter what, the first thing I'd do is perform first aid and call an ambulance.

Ive had a few experiences where, even though i was never forced to draw, or even make those around me aware that I was carrying, that I was plenty glad I had a way to protect myself.

-FreuderLocks

·
..ouch
2,028 Posts
FreuderLocks said:
Ive had a few experiences where, even though i was never forced to draw, or even make those around me aware that I was carrying, that I was plenty glad I had a way to protect myself.

-FreuderLocks
Yeah.. God forbid you'd have to learn how to throw a punch.

·
Registered
299 Posts
thump said:
Yeah.. God forbid you'd have to learn how to throw a punch.
Punches are ineffective against 3 illegals running you down in a car, threatening to kill you for your ride.

-FreuderLocks

·
!Vamos, flaco!
1,364 Posts
FreuderLocks said:
Punches are ineffective against 3 illegals running you down in a car, threatening to kill you for your ride.

-FreuderLocks
Mexicans are immune to punches? God help all all!

·
Registered
299 Posts
No, about as Immune as You or I am to the front bumper of a car. Im talking about 3 gang members in a stolen car, attempting to loosen me of my mortal coil, as well as my bike. Honestly there are some pretty bad ass people out there, but none I know of that can shrug off vehicular assault. So, if you want to get chased down on your bike and confronted by 3 people who want nothing less than to hurt you, be my guest. I owe my current existance to my neighbor who calmly assaulted one of my assailants with a clawed roofing hammer. Nobody is immune to a fist fight, less so when its 3 with a car on 1 on a bike.
-FreuderLocks

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
FreuderLocks said:
Encounter me on the trail and rest assured, theres 40oz of rock solid .45 cal Springfield steel on me, so when i catch you breaking into my car....
I'm so confused, at first you're going to "...." someone breaking into your car but then?

FreuderLocks said:
Besides you cant' shoot someone from stealing from you, they have to pose a direct threat to you or someone else.
Either way, I "heart" this thread! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.