Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not affiliated with the event, I just would hate to see a local tradition run aground this year after lots of planning, logistics, and ridiculous amounts of trail rehab. For those not familiar, it's a 100, 50, or 25 mile race/ride centered around the Alpine trail system in Oakridge on August 3.

If you're interested in coming out for the ride, register ASAP to help everyone have a chance to save this year's event!

https://cascadecreampuff.com for more info.

Cascade Cream Puff Facebook Page said:
It is with heavy heart we are reaching out to any and all fans of the MTB point to point endurance style racing to please register for the Cascade Cream Puff race (25, 50, 100 mile options available) ASAP. We are way below registrations levels at this time to be able to run the race. If we do not see a significant surge in registration before July 1, we will be calling off the race this year. Either way, we are intending to rebrand and change up the format in 2020 to better adapt to the changing demographics and competition with other races that have cropped up over the years. Cascade Cream Puff is now a supporting fundraiser for the Alpine Trail Crew Association; a trail stewardship group in the Willamette National Forest specifically focused on caring for the Alpine trail system; including Tire Mountain, Cloverpatch-Tie, North Alpine and connecting trails to the west. We spent an enormous amount of time clearing the trail corridor after a 50 year catastrophic snowstorm, followed by a 100 year flood with mudslides. The result was that we've had a lot less resources for promoting the race while most of our team was out manhandling fallen trees. Now we are trying to get the regular maintenance completed (i.e. brushing and tread fixes) which normally would have been completed in the Spring, but essential for riders to have the best experience possible.
Our permits are in place, and we have already paid for advertising this year. Registration fees are still set at pre-June pricing. We think the race is a unique and fun experience, unlike any other endurance race you'll ride -plus- it's the ALPINE TRAIL SYSTEM. Please SUPPORT US - support the Middle Fork Willamette, and save the 2019 Puff.
REGISTER TODAY, and tell your friends to register too! www.cascadecreampuff.com.

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Damn!

My first 100 ever, ages ago. What a great event!

Many look at the stats and say "so much gravel road", but that part is predominantly uphill, then you schralp the shite out of the ATCA single track trail system on your way back down.

Which is about as much fun as humans should be allowed to have!

OP: This would be worth cross-posting in the Endurance Racing Forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.