Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. Had to share this with someone who would care. My 4 YO rode this SE Racing, lil Ripper I built for him today for the first time. He got off the bike and told me to sell his 12" Kettler bike. Kid has never used a bike with traning wheels.

If any of you dads want to get in this thread with your kid please do. :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,603 Posts
Demo9 said:
Nice, bike looks good and light. I too had a proud dad moment. My 3.5 year old clearing a 4ft gap:thumbsup:
Great, my riding skills were just shown up by a 3 and 1/2 year old. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Here are my two boys on their Hot Rocks (16 inch and 20 inch).


The youngest one started out on a wooden balance-bike and after that, he immediately rode a bike without the training wheels. He does have his big brother to motivate him of course, that's a big plus!

The boy jumping the ramp looks awesome! I have to show that to my kids tomorrow (and not to mom, she will start to worry :).

Kind regards,

Clemens
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Demo9 said:
Nice, bike looks good and light. I too had a proud dad moment. My 3.5 year old clearing a 4ft gap:thumbsup:
That's cool and all, but put some clothes on that kid. He whipes out on that sidewalk and gets road rash, it might kill his passion long before he ever hits the trails hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
very nice. still trying to motivate mine to get on his bike with training wheels. (he's almost 3). sometimes he says "I cant wait to ride my bike dady" but sometimes he says "I dont like bikes dady". and I cry a little inside. :smallviolin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,496 Posts
irocss85 said:
very nice. still trying to motivate mine to get on his bike with training wheels. (he's almost 3). sometimes he says "I cant wait to ride my bike dady" but sometimes he says "I dont like bikes dady". and I cry a little inside. :smallviolin:
yeah, that's hard. you (and not specifically meaning you) have to get kids interested on their own so they will truly enjoy it. that was one reason we started on a balance bike (we had a strider for him). it was nice because he learned how to balance right away and it was easy for him. when getting him a pedal bike, he was a little apprehensive since he liked his strider so much. but now he's cruisin around with a 16" pedal bikes and never used training wheels. very cool!

good luck!
ez
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
I did a few days of training wheels with my son, but the pitbike I got for my daughter would not allow for this option. I just held the back of her shirt a bit, and she was off. We just go out for 15 min at a time to keep things fresh. We then go back to the run bike for 'play time'. I really though she would be more resistant to the new bike, but keeping it in small spurts works great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Eric Z said:
yeah, that's hard. you (and not specifically meaning you) have to get kids interested on their own so they will truly enjoy it. that was one reason we started on a balance bike (we had a strider for him). it was nice because he learned how to balance right away and it was easy for him. when getting him a pedal bike, he was a little apprehensive since he liked his strider so much. but now he's cruisin around with a 16" pedal bikes and never used training wheels. very cool!

good luck!
ez
yeah I just keep planting little seeds. hoping soon he'll bite. not goin to push him.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top