Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my little boy out on the trail/path for the first time yesterday in Tahoe from Truckee to Alpine Meadows along the Truckee River (for those of you who know the area). Some of you may think this is no big deal but he is 2 years old and has never been outside the backyard. I wanted to take him to Northstar but that probably have been a bit much. :D

He rode 3 relatively level miles on his on power on the bike path and only crashed twice on his Mongoose full suspension bike (with training wheels). Of course, I was pulling the kiddy trailer behind the Stinky just in case he got tired but he never did. He only used it on the way back since I didn't feel like waiting talking another hour just to ride 3 miles back.

Anyway, just wanted to share the milestone.

Btw, that's not too young is it?

·
I need more time
157 Posts
I could just about walk when i was 2. lol

well i'm 16 and i only really got into mtbing and trials and jumps with in the last month or so but i've always ridden a bike. Just on the street etc.
My only wish is that I had had a chance to get off road sooner.

Great stroy hope he sticks with the biking

·
Absurd
919 Posts
Pyro said:
I took my little boy out on the trail/path for the first time yesterday in Tahoe from Truckee to Alpine Meadows along the Truckee River (for those of you who know the area). Some of you may think this is no big deal but he is 2 years old and has never been outside the backyard. I wanted to take him to Northstar but that probably have been a bit much. :D

He rode 3 relatively level miles on his on power on the bike path and only crashed twice on his Mongoose full suspension bike (with training wheels). Of course, I was pulling the kiddy trailer behind the Stinky just in case he got tired but he never did. He only used it on the way back since I didn't feel like waiting talking another hour just to ride 3 miles back.

Anyway, just wanted to share the milestone.

Btw, that's not too young is it?
Congrats Bro!! Start 'em early! That's some pretty good stamina 3 miles for a 2 year old, I thought you were going to say he was on a trail a bike or something. I can't believe a 2 year old would be that hard core!! Must be in the blood. ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, he seems pretty hardcore. After the two pretty serious crashes (head plants), I asked him if he wanted to ride in the trailer. The minute he heard "trailer" he brushed off his face and screamed "NO" and got back on his bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.