Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are peoples favorite protein shake mixes? Right now I have vanilla Soy protein mix (Whole Foods brand)- just ok, and a Designer Whey chocolate- just ok.

I want to try something new..

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
porterjack said:
What are peoples favorite protein shake mixes? Right now I have vanilla Soy protein mix (Whole Foods brand)- just ok, and a Designer Whey chocolate- just ok.

I use ON's 100% natural whey protein, and mix it with unsweetened chocolate soy milk. Yum! I also mix the protein powder into my morning oatmeal (along with fruit, nuts and whatever else I'm in the mood for), or make protein pancakes (oatmeal, cottage cheese, egg whites, protein powder and fruit/nuts, blended and cooked like regular pancakes).

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
porterjack said:

i make my own:

1 banana
3 frozen strawberries
1/4 c frozen raspberries
~2 c plain soy milk
~1/4 c OJ

blend like mad till smooth then add:

1 scoop unflavored soy protein

blend like mad again.

drink quickly so it doesn't thicken up like cement. ;)

lots of protein (~30g), lots of calories (~500), very good for you.

rt

·
Registered
324 Posts
what kind of unflavored soy? does it impart any flavor?

*rt* said:
i make my own:

1 banana
3 frozen strawberries
1/4 c frozen raspberries
~2 c plain soy milk
~1/4 c OJ

blend like mad till smooth then add:

1 scoop unflavored soy protein

blend like mad again.

drink quickly so it doesn't thicken up like cement. ;)

lots of protein (~30g), lots of calories (~500), very good for you.

rt

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
kellyinNY said:
They sell unflavored Whey protein too. I haven't tried it, but it's recommended for baking or things like that where you don't want to impact the flavor of what you're making. Go to a health food store with a good selection and you should find several options of unflavored protein powder.

·
i worship Mr T
5,543 Posts
kellyinNY said:
whatever was cheapest at Whole Foods!! :D i can't remember the brand name off the top of my head but it was the least expensive of my choices. i was told to use soy protein rather than whey protein for shakes because the protein was better digested (or something like that).

i don't find that the unflavored soy i use adds any flavor to the shake but it does change the texture & makes it kind of gritty. one of the things i didn't like about the more expensive soy powder was (aside from being more expensive) that it added a funny taste to things.

rt

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't make my own, but I frequently go to GNC and order a...

Frozen peaches
Orange Juice
Vanilla Whey Protein (the GNC brand...it does not have any aspartame which is sometimes hard to find)

...smoothie. The vanilla in the whey makes the OJ taste sorta like a creamsicle. I love it. The protein makes the smoothie very airy and fluffy...they usually have to put mine in a 32 oz cup even though I just order the 20 oz amount of ingredients. I love that too. And they are on sale now for $1.99 + .50 extra for the protein. LOVE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.