Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what protection you use while dj/park/urban riding. I would really rather not wear my full face dh helmet while riding and the park

·
Trail or Park
108 Posts
Shin/knee guard so you don't have to get stitched, skateboard-like helmet, gloves.

You can look like Robocop for extra protection if you wish so...

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
The only protection I wear consistently is gloves. I dont bother with a helmet at all, and pants are optional

·
Registered
240 Posts
Usealy only gloves, my helmet when trying something new and potentialy dangerous. I really should invest in shin guards though.

Its pretty much all gone now but you can see i could really use some shinguards... those damn DMR V8s, they grip like hell but their dangerous.

P.S. snaky, i know i should wear my helmet at all times, but i really dont do anything thats worth wearing one on most days.

·
40 oz to freedom
1,049 Posts
snaky69 said:
I'd rather save my head, because without it my hands are worthless.
Just gotta make sure when you fall that you tuck your head up into your chest and then your fine, thats assuming you fall on your back. But if you dont your hands should be there to save you. But hey, different strokes for different folks ;)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
its kinda funny for me. when Im riding DH I've got knee/shin, upper body suit, fullface, gloves but when I'm riding street or dirt, its jeans and tee only.

·
Registered
443 Posts
any type of riding ill always wear a full face from 661 because in 6th i cracked my head on the concrete then my head like bounced and i broke my jaw hospitol for two weeks no riding for two months

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I recently picked up some low grade fox shinguards, nothing more than freeride soccer shinguards really, but hey, shin/knee insurance for 19 bucks can't be beat!

I wear a helmet whenever I'm RIDING ridin', not just ridin'. I leave it at home when I can be sure the folks won't notice me going off to a friend's house without it, they're rather *****y about that, but I wear it if I go into town, b/c there is actually some sort of law-type street rule about helmets until you're 16, and I follow rules like that when it's not inconvenient . . .

doesn't keep kids from doing it, but usually those are kids I prefer never ever seeing or being associated with . . .

1 - 20 of 27 Posts