Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
BOOM goes the dynamite!
6,095 Posts
Use 3m leading edge tape (helicopter tape as people keep calling it is actually leading edge tape and can be bought at any autoparts store)
Isn't it called "leading edge tape" because it's placed on the leading edge of helicopter blades (hence why it's called "heli tape") (and other exposed leading edges - car bumpers, etc)? I know I've heard that more than once.

Just found the amazon link from my wish list that was suggested by someone else around here, but I haven't tried this brand/version/seller yet as I still have some left from like 5 years ago to give any personal feedback. It's called "VViViD 3M Clear Paint Protection Vinyl Film", but gonna guess that's 3m trying to market to more people. :)

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
What does everyone use for tape to protect your paint from cable rub? Does gorilla tape work without yellowing?

We have some Lizard Skins clear patches floating around the garage. We place them strategically where the cables might rub. They are a good size for that application and don't require any careful cutting to look neat. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
213 Posts
For cables any protective foil to save money, weight and esthetics of the frame. For downtube at least strongest 3M tape (if not full rigid guard). Budget version - slap some inner tubes on DT and BB area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.