Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slowly recovering from an OTB biking incident, where I banged up my wrists badly.

About 80% there, last bit is always a PITA. Doc says no fractures or ligament damage. Have full range of motion, most likely "soft tissue" damage what ever that means.

Anyone have experience doing some light riding when recovering from wrist injuries?

Did you wrap your wrists or just take it real easy on some fireroad or singletrack with not to much tech stuff?

Pop some ibuprofen and hit the trails ? :thumbsup:

Ryan

·
dirty trail dog
601 Posts
I broke my hand a month ago where the thumb connects. They had to rebuild the joint so I was cut open and have pins in there now, so I was thinking about protection when I get back to riding. I don't know what to do, other than wrap it up with an Ace bandage or something.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fractured my left wrist a bit over two months ago. Since the cast was removed, I've been using the 661 wrist wraps. You may have some problems putting on the gloves but these wraps'll give some protection agianst wrist injuries that normal riding gloves don't provide.

·
Student
820 Posts
baycat said:
Slowly recovering from an OTB biking incident, where I banged up my wrists badly.

About 80% there, last bit is always a PITA. Doc says no fractures or ligament damage. Have full range of motion, most likely "soft tissue" damage what ever that means.

Anyone have experience doing some light riding when recovering from wrist injuries?

Did you wrap your wrists or just take it real easy on some fireroad or singletrack with not to much tech stuff?

Pop some ibuprofen and hit the trails ? :thumbsup:

Ryan
I fractured my scaphoid about i want to say month and half ago. anyways it was extreamly sore and i had to sit of the bike for a while. when my cast came off i was doing som little road riding here and ther but nothing specail. now even at a mont and 1/2 its still sore but i baught the writs wrap from 661 and it is amazing! i have all the support in the world for my wrist it goes over my riding gloves so easy and it doesnt take away from my grip on the handle bars at all, an amazing product. i suggest u give this or a very simular product a try.

Attachments

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, think this would work well.

They have wrist wrap lite too, I was going to get some ace bandages or maybe some heavy gauze (spelling?) and just wrap my wrist. But now I can be a cool poseur with 661 gear!

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts