1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Singletrack Slayer
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Snap Crackle Pop
169 Posts
That's awesome!! I'm a newb, but that looked like a really fun place to ride. Not overly technical but pretty fast. :thumbsup:

·
bust a move
1,978 Posts
Great post op! Good of you to be helping him to get out there doing it :thumbsup:

@ Rabies010, also great vid. Impressive in overcoming a physical limitation

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wow, until he crashed I didn't realize the guy leading was the one with the prosthetic leg, I thought the camera guy was. He moves really naturally with that thing.

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
Thats very cool. Saw this at Sea Otter this past weekend at the Fox booth. Wonder if this is an actual part of their R&D . . . should be if not.

·
Is not amused
3,205 Posts
Just got him started out on a frankenbike, SS 26 old Mongoose rigid 38-20 gear! Not bad at all. Saving up for a 29er Hardtail with gears.!! He did awesome and can really haul ass. Now to get him on a good bike!!
Thanks for sharing. That's inspiration for others out there to never give up. Your buddy does haul ass like a mad man.

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
Cool! :thumbsup:

I know I posted this one before but this is a perfect spot for it as well.

I see this pic and I realize that I have NO excuses........

One of my favourite pics ever. So very cool.

·
Steel is real.
1,268 Posts
^^^^^^one foot clipped in.........round and round.........

Just like the dude in Rabies010's vid above.

Awesome stuff.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thats very cool. Saw this at Sea Otter this past weekend at the Fox booth. Wonder if this is an actual part of their R&D . . . should be if not.
That's Monster Mike's Moto Knee. Mike is 1 cool cat! Here is a video of him talking about his accident and building the Moto knee. I also have a video of him last year ripping down some sweet single track. You guys are a great inspiration to folks that have lost a leg. Keep doing what you do and never give up!
Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=dHUaHWfOjgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtube_gdata_player&v=esqcfFLrqjk

·
b a n n e d
6,213 Posts
That's Monster Mike's Moto Knee. Mike is 1 cool cat! Here is a video of him talking about his accident and building the Moto knee. I also have a video of him last year ripping down some sweet single track. You guys are a great inspiration to folks that have lost a leg. Keep doing what you do and never give up!
Cheers

FOX Adaptive Athlete, Monster Mike Schultz #5 - Micro-Documentary - YouTube

monster mike down sand hog - YouTube
That's awesome. I loved the shot of him pumping up his leg, errrrr . . . shock! :D

I wonder how much sag he runs :p

·
Registered
463 Posts
Cool! :thumbsup:

I know I posted this one before but this is a perfect spot for it as well.

I see this pic and I realize that I have NO excuses........

One of my favourite pics ever. So very cool.
Ska, thx, Thats me, a few years ago in the bike transalp.;)

T135,
To pedal I have to push and pull, meaning i have to stay seated.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts